vt 5.0 pcm nvram

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Diwell22
cars: Vk commodore

vt 5.0 pcm nvram

Post by Diwell22 »

alright guys, i have just put a vt 5.0 in a vk i have a nvram and aldl from this site. ive downloaded tunerpro rt and followed the installation as described on this site also. i can get tunerpro rt to read the original memcal fine but soon as I plug the nvram in and change the settings to allow for it tunerpro rt just flat out doesn't read it. is there something Im missing? been stuck for a couple of days now with no progress..... it did connect hardware once but the battery fell out of my laptop (face palm) but knowing what I know now Im kinda thinking it wasnt actually conectected and maybe just a glitch because now it does nothing when trying to connect hardware or DA conection PLEASE HELP!!!!!
delcowizzid

Re: vt 5.0 pcm nvram

Post by delcowizzid »

What software did you get the nvram loaded with when you bought it was it sent setup for vt v8.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Diwell22

Post by Diwell22 »

Yeah when I got it through Gareth he loaded it with the vt software. Is there a way of Telling?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

use the OSE flashtool to connect to it, that should be able to ID what program is on it.
Diwell22

Post by Diwell22 »

Through the vehicle pcm? It doesn’t pick it it up at all? It will read the memcal fine but when I swap to the nvram (after changing the settings as described) it just comes up with OSEplugin connection problem
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Flick the rs232 echo setting in the plugin
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Diwell22

Post by Diwell22 »

i have tried that. have gone through the settings 100 differant ways on 2 seperate laptops.
Diwell22

Post by Diwell22 »

should the engine run with the nvram in straight out the bag? i have just managed to get the engine to run with the memcal for about 2 seconds then im assuming vats are kicking in and killing it. but plug the nvram in and it has nothing doesn't even attempt to fire
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

You have to fully power off the ecu unplug the battery swap the nvram in then put the battery back on. It sounds like the nvram might be corrupted though
Diwell22

Post by Diwell22 »

Ok I’ll suss that out first thing tomorrow. Where do I go from here if the nvram is corrupt?