Plug identification - vn vp vr vs

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Vb2B
cars: Vb 5 litre efi in the making

Plug identification - vn vp vr vs

Post by Vb2B »

Hi all,

Please move if in wrong section... I am trying to wire up my Holden 304 motor, I bought a conversion harness but believe I have a different harness as this isn’t plug and play.. but that’s ok I’m happy to try and nut it out, hoping someone will be able to tell me what model harness I have or better yet what wires are going into the pictured plug, and what needs to be connected for it to run.... it’s got a manual behind it btw..

Thanks in advance for any help.
Attachments
8BFC708A-63AC-440B-88E6-707208A3BCE7.jpeg
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Plug identification - vn vp vr vs

Post by vlad01 »

VN/VP harness maybe?

though I see a red with black wire for serial data so might be VR.

Is the gearbox got a cable that runs to it? any pics of the ECU?
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
pman92
cars: HZ One Tonner
VE Ute

Post by pman92 »

Looks like a VR/VS body connector (inside the car near the PCM).

See my post I just made here: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=6909
I've uploaded pinouts for VN/VP and VR/VS

Cheers
VR-VY Holden BCM Simulator: View Post
MrModule.com.au
Vb2B

Post by Vb2B »

really wish I received an email that you guys replied, I should have checked earlier .. will get pic of ecu soon and also have to check the rest of the harness for the gearbox harness .. this project has been on and off for years and I really want to finish it off, just the wiring holding me up. Pman92 I’ll check that post now , thanks . Vlad, saw some of your posts you seem quite the expert on these things ... my question is what do I need to power up to just get it started ? Will give me motivation to finish it properly.. Power to fuel pump relay, efi relay, ignition power, coil power and all earths .. this is fitted with crane hi-6 ignition which has been spliced into loom by previous owner

Thanks again
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

you can click 'subscribe to topic' down the bottom left, and you will get an email when there is a reply (though it might land in a spam folder).
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Vb2B

Post by Vb2B »

antus wrote:you can click 'subscribe to topic' down the bottom left, and you will get an email when there is a reply (though it might land in a spam folder).
Ahh ok thanks for that didn’t see it as I’m using my mobile...

Update : so I called the place I bought the harness from, basically I’ve ordered wrong conversion harness ... so he reckons I need a vp one and I’ve bought their vn one, to identify mine I just need to match the pin out with the diagrams That were linked ?

Thanks . Also , when it comes time to get into the tuning side of things , how would the pros recommend I get started with it all? Not the hardware and flashing side of things but fuel mixtures timing etc ...
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

What would be the difference? Because VN and VP factory ones didn't differ apart from one of the wires being a different colour and very early VN having 1 wire O2 sensors while late VN and VP were 2 wire.

it was VR and VS that were actually different from previous. Mainly auto trans control, different ECU and VS had the purge solenoid for the carbon canister.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Vb2B

Post by Vb2B »

Hi Vlad,

When I send my conversion loom back to him , I will ask. There may not be a difference in vn / vp factory Holden loom, but for whatever reason the conversion looms that he makes up may be different between the two... I went the route of purchasing a loom to make it easier for myself , as it comes with relays, fuses etc etc , essentially supposed to be plug and play! (When you order the correct one