nvram BIN for 305 ecu

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Fozadore5ltr
cars: 1998 Subaru Forester 5ltr

nvram BIN for 305 ecu

Post by Fozadore5ltr »

I'm trying to run in my new motor but my comms kit is not working. I am trying to get my NVRAM to work in another ecu just for run in purposes. I have a eeprom burner but cant seem to burn a tune successfully to work (injectors firing etc.). do I need to split and stack? to split and stack does tunerpro need to have the right xdf, adf set up? can I just burn the original copy from here or do I need to stack for nvram? can someone post a bin ready to burn straight to nvram without splitting? I can get it to run on another memcal I have but idle is crazy high and fueling lean. Any help appreciated. I used to have live tuning working on my car before I blew it up but its been nearly 12 months and i need to start again getting it all working again. for some reason in one ecu the injectors are stuck open, but in the other they don't open...
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: nvram BIN for 35 ecu

Post by antus »

If the computer doesnt have the r/w wire physcially on the back of it you have to have it write protected. Without that it'll trash the contents as soon as it turns on and you'll need to reprogram the nvram from scratch. When you program it with a programmer you can use the stacked bins from the 12P or 11P zip file (to suite the type of ECM). If its a '424 you need the PCM jumper set.

If you saved a tune with oseplugin, and its default settings there is no operating system in the bin - its the calibration part only. Install the RW wire, flash the _stacked base tune. Start it up with write protect off. load your calibration in tunerpro and hit upload. This will give you the OS and the Calibration.

if you want a complete bin, either turn off "calibration area only" in oseplugin, or use the delco ose flashtool and hit "get bin" to get a complete file.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Fozadore5ltr
cars: 1998 Subaru Forester 5ltr

Re: nvram BIN for 305 ecu

Post by Fozadore5ltr »

Have it write protected? Are you just talking about making sure the jumper is off or something while burning the chip. So if I just burn the stacked v8 bin from the ose12p files that should work with a 305 ecu? Can I take the comms kit from my 808 ecu and put it on my 305? Same for the RW wire on the back? I'm convinced I've cooked my 808 but maybe I should have one more try with the stacked 12p bin on the nvram..
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: nvram BIN for 305 ecu

Post by antus »

the RW jumper on the nvram is the write protection. Having it on provides Read/Write. Put the jumper across both bins to allow tuning, sit it just across 1 of the two pins (so it stays with the nvram) but the pins are not bridged to write protect.

Yes the kit will work on a 305, but the 305 has the ALDL built in. So either get an aldl interface and make sure the aldl pin is the loom, or you can use the ecm comms. I'll send you another PDF about that via PM.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396