VN Commodore ECU update

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
delcowizzid

Re: VN Commodore ECU update

Post by delcowizzid »

even if its lit up it only outputs volts at the wrong time programming a byte .so the chip wont blank or program at all or does it program and not run after.ide be getting VL400s serial board and R/T boards for realtime then burn to a chip when you have finished tuning its so much faster and fun LOL.they are for sale in the for sale section now or just PM him
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
mag
cars: VN Commodore

Post by mag »

programmed it and appeared all ok, no errors indicated but ALDL lamp came ON solid and engine only started then stalled. tried to erase chip but could not get a blank chip. tune is still in chip at 0xC000. lucky I kept original ecu & EPROM for just such an occassion.

getting serious about the sc14, looking for place to move coil pack, probably passenger front guard. then longer loom and ignition leads. was going to fit extractors first but too much work to get the driver's side off, VN water plumbing is a bugger.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

mag wrote:have had some fun burning chips but as my only EEPROM has died and as removing the chip every time to change tune is a pain, as predicted by all, contemplating next step to real-time tuning. any recommendations as to best approach.
go to the for sale section and get an NVRAM ECM conversion and an 808 serial comms board!
mag

Post by mag »

one EEPROM has returned from the dead. after much stuffing around have reverted to original burner software and played with erase/program voltage on burner with success. voltage was higher than EEPROM chip spec so reduced to spec then below spec and now can erase and burn. noticed a significant level of ripple on the 12 volt Vpp, 0.25 V p-p, which could be the problem. might need to investigate cause unless I go real time tune first.
mag

Post by mag »

delcowizzid I have now loaded your mag 2 bin for another try. car started ok this time. maybe earlier version was victum of back burn even though no burner errors were indicated. will test run this morning.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

sweet least its all burning again
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
mag

Post by mag »

Hi all, just a note to let you know that still interested in all thing delco, particularly 2 bar related. Been off-line as car is currently at the panel beater, was rear ended a couple of weeks ago. probably a few weeks before I get my wheels back. Upon its return will be attacking the sc14 fit.
mag

Post by mag »

An update, car back this Friday. Been a long time coming, hopefully worth the wait. Had some extra panel work and painting done while the accident damage was being repaired.

Any news on the extended VE table 2 bar tune development.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

I know its in the works, I dont think you'll be waiting too long! :thumbup:
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
mag

Post by mag »

Hi All, have been in contact with VL400 regarding his real time programming & high speed serial hardware for an 808 ecu, but have not heard from him for a week. Anyone had recent contact. Had hoped to have him confirm that the $6E ads file in the tunerpro RT package was the one to use with his $12S bin.