whipple 304 tune

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: whipple 304 tune

Post by vlad01 »

Dazza92VP wrote:as for the injector rate every time i used the flow calc spread sheet those injectors came up as 0.03 maybe i was punching it in wrong?

Yeah the spread sheet is only ball park, it doesn't account for engine volumetric efficiency, worked engines need the injector rate increased over the kinjflow calc to accommodate for the increase in VE and it's a double whammy if the BSFC is worse as most worked engines are.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
'quipt4it

Post by 'quipt4it »

Here is the latency data/ Voltage Offset (if you don't already have it).
The Part Number shown in the table cross references to Fl114962, it's the same injector.
You can change the Row Labels data in the XDF to suit the different Volts breakpoints, or just extrapolate the data from this table to the existing
TunerPro table.
These injectors are being used with an adapter and harness pigtail?
The data goes into Fuel: Injection Setup: Injector Bias vs Battery Voltage.
Attachments
numbers.jpg
Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

Post by Dazza92VP »

Nice work think I ended up using some offsets that delcowizzard put up for similar injectors that seem to be close but will def check. Been talking to him and he’s going to fit a surge tank and the pump as well
'quipt4it

Post by 'quipt4it »

Don't overlook it, as your last bin showed the standard settings and they are waaay different...
Attachments
flow.jpg
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

You can't change the row labels in the xdf to put the data in you would have to rewrite the ecu code in the tune. There's long body 60lb seimens deka 60lb and 80lb data n this forum in at the correct voltage breakpoints
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
'quipt4it

Post by 'quipt4it »

Siemens 'long body' p/n FI114961 has different latency data vs 'short body' p/n FI114962.
Dazza92VP wrote:Turns out the supposed 630cc injectors are a bit smaller than they should be although the part number says they are 630cc (fl114962)......
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Unless he has adaptors on the top they will be long body clones at a guess cause the 304 holden motor takes long injectors
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
'quipt4it

Post by 'quipt4it »

Yes, that's why I asked DS about the body length, however I had no word back...
'quipt4it wrote:...These injectors are being used with an adapter and harness pigtail?...
That would be one crazy mixed up injector. Long body with a short body p/n. Now that would scream fake ;)
Dazza92VP

Post by Dazza92VP »

Sorry mate I completely glazed over that question. The injectors are straight fit no pig tail or adaptors so good chance I’m fighting a loosing battle I’ll recheck the part no make sure it’s correct
Dazza92VP

Post by Dazza92VP »

hey guys been awhile since i posted an update but my mate lost heart for awhile after being told he needed to by new injectors. he spent ages looking for a set and kept coming back with massive injectors 1000cc and bigger but kept telling him they're too big for what he doing and will just cause issues, he was also getting prices of $1200 for a set so couple of us boys got together and bought him a full set of 450cc genuine bosch injectors as a bit of a wedding gift for him and got his fiance to take him out the house for a few hours so we could fit them and get it running for him. he was stoked when he found out so hes gotten interested again now we've fitted the 044 pump and surge tank sorted out a few other things. i got a log of it last night the vss still isnt working but i think im having issues with the decel enleament taking to much fuel out with only very small throttle transitions also i have to bring the kinjflow up a bit as im hitting the 100-120% ve in boost areas if anyone has any ideas as let me know as time is really starting to count down before the wedding is here and this is supposed to be the lead car
thanks
Attachments
new pump run 3.xdl
(185.46 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
new pump run 2.xdl
(334.45 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
new pump run 1.xdl
(345.97 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
OSE $12P V112 2bar V8 808 with intercooler control & kickdown control new injectors.BIN
(32 KiB) Downloaded 139 times