whipple 304 tune

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

Re: whipple 304 tune

Post by Dazza92VP »

we have success now the throttle body was the reason for it not going into idle mode he bought a massive holley sniper billet unit and just couldnt get the blade to close enough and get the iac up so we're running a standard ls1 throttle body now with a a jerry rigged throttle cable with a piece of string until we get a new cable sorted :lol: . had a bit of a scare the other night though as it was doing great tuning up ok until we backed it out the drive it coughed and spluttered and wouldnt take any throttle and looked to be breathing out the catch can hard and oil smelt like a good portion of fuel. dropped the oil and cut the filter open all ok heaps of grey looking oil but no chunks. fresh set of plugs oil and compression test and we're sitting happy at about 155-160 psi 5 psi variance so happy with that we put the grey oil down to the break in lube and the fuel down to the old ebay injectors as it hasnt had an oil change since we put it in. not only that i decided to recheck all the vac lines and found that the compressor bypass valve had been plumbed into the underside of the charger so was always trying to create boost. got the vss sorted and we can now consistantly hit boost with no issues and the ve table is really starting to come together just little tweaks and fine tuning he’s already excited that much he thinking about party pulley mode but told him to wait until after the wedding :lol:

Only thing I’m having troubles with now is trying to get the file onto a 27c512 I set tThe file size as 32kb and chip size 64kb stack it and load it on but keeps just going to limp mode don’t know what I’m doing wrong been a while since I’ve used these chips
Attachments
E7B3038F-A5AA-440F-B819-110A39352003.jpeg
brindo

Post by brindo »

With the compressor bypass line. Shouldn’t it be plumbed to the underside of the blower? It should be referenced to manifold vacuum (or pressure).
Dazza92VP

Post by Dazza92VP »

well i sucked on the vac line to it and the only time opened was under vac an under the blower its not going to receive a good vac signal and only time it works is with the thottle on very light load or shut throttle unless its hooked to the incorrect port on the diaphragm but it builds boost when hard on the throttle up to 8 psi which is what that pulley setup is supposed to be ill have a look again but seems to be responding a lot better now
brindo

Post by brindo »

I think it should be connected to the same reference source as the fuel reg. On my manifold, there are tapping points in the runners. I used one of those on the passenger side for the bypass and another on the drivers side for the fuel reg. But if you are making manifold pressure it must be connected correctly.
Dazza92VP

Post by Dazza92VP »

The reg is just the standard unit so that’s on the vac side of the charger to as it’s not a rising rate
Dazza92VP

Post by Dazza92VP »

Had a look and the bypass actuator is only single sided with the port on the vac side. On another note found out why I couldn’t burn to the memcal turns out the file I’ve been working with the whole time is a .cal file that some how got renamed as a .bin file so no OS with it been driving me up the wall as to why I couldn’t get the ecu happy
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

The regulator needs to goto the boost side in the manifold the stock one rises 1 to 1 with boost just fine and the ecu is expecting it to rise
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Dazza92VP

Post by Dazza92VP »

Alright I’ll change that later on for the moment it’s not leaning out and it hitting the the target ratios after the wedding I’ll sort it and pay with the boost areas. Didn’t know they were able to be rising rate thanks for heads up
Dazza92VP

Post by Dazza92VP »

Achieved the deadline and rips one hell of a skid 1 new set of tyres 1 burnout heaps of photos zero tyres
Attachments
BC38B9B7-6B6B-4E58-BB93-9CDD2C495979.jpeg
BC38B9B7-6B6B-4E58-BB93-9CDD2C495979.jpeg (198.51 KiB) Viewed 2582 times
Dazza92VP

Post by Dazza92VP »

Does anyone know the parameters required for 12p to enter closed loop idle. The throttle body we used was off another car I’m doing so borrower that it went into closed loop no issues just an ls1 throttle body. After the wedding he went out and bought his own the exact same but now it won’t enter idle and steps are at 80-90 tps at zero I can’t figure it out