whipple 304 tune

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
VX L67 Getrag

Re: whipple 304 tune

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Only other problem with that is it looks like it's based off ATJN.N05 & I've only got N00, N03, N04 & N08 & then a W00
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

you are switched to map b via one of the ecu pins map b is unturned for spark. You have no iat connected. It's struggling to idle cause its bouncing off and onto the decel fuel cut it's not going into closed loop idle mode so its not even really in idle mode throttle needs opened a bit and tps probably needs jacked around to get tps voltage down afterwards. The baro is also a bit low for a 2bar is it a good quality one it's hard to find a good gm style one nowdays I fit ls1 style 2 bar ones now as it's easier to find a good one lol. What size injectors are in it
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

Post by Dazza92VP »

It was supposed to be he had it on the dyno and was trying to tune it but if fouled up 4 or 5 sets of plugs and sort of badly breaking down about 3500rpm. We’re also thinking the injectors he got may not be as advertised supposed to be Siemens deka 650cc but I just found out he got them off ebay and I don’t think they have numbers on them so going to have to check that’s properly
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

heres my sp3 no5 xdf edited to open that kalmaker bin i had to offset the xdf by 8 to get the tables to line up i probably wouldnt use it for editing bins but will let you see the tables and settings
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

But without having the original file to compare it to it's going to make it hard to copy across changes to $12p
Dazza92VP

Post by Dazza92VP »

Alright I’ll have a look at those bits this week when I get back to it I forced open loop on it so it’s not trying to correct anything but I didn’t see the map or iat not working wil have to sort that out and crack the throttle a bit. The map sensor is the one that came with the charger from yells terra I did notice that’s slightly low but also tried it with another sensor and that was worse prob have to really look at that as well make sure is def right was skewed by 3-4 kpa from atmosphere
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Its a bit strange I had a bit of time to kill today & noticed the AFUA.no3 had the least changes to ATJN.no3 so I manually copied the changes across from AFUA.no5 so it would theoretically create a ATJN.no5 but all the offsets were back to what the standard kalmaker no5 xdf was... so it makes me think maybe it's some sort of custom kalmaker no5 file?
Dazza92VP

Post by Dazza92VP »

finally got around to having another crack at this thing. we found that the IAC is wrong its the 5l one he used in it and the throttle body is an ls style holley sniper unit so got that on order, hopefully that will help with getting the IAC steps down. The other main issue im having is the VE is needing to be at over 100% in the 60-65 onward columns with no load at about 1000rpm, not sure as to why its wanting to do that? injectors are more than big enough and even if the pump wasnt big enough at idle should supply enough pressure it is a standard pump i do have a walbro 255Lph pump if needed? any ideas unfortunately i didnt get any logs of it this time and i may have also forgotten to check the power/econ switch again.
Dazza92VP

Post by Dazza92VP »

new iac fitted and now on the correct map def ran better but ve requested is still really high close to or at 100% still unsure why. did manage to get a decent log of it he took it for a run around the block a bit for me with the laptop on. one thing i did notice is that the engine rpm flag keeps going clear/set which in turn is flashing the ve learn on and off rapidly. ignore that the fact the vss is not working hes driving the whole time this log is going just havent figured the pins out for the sensor yet
if anyone could have a look and got any ideas would be great.
Attachments
first run.xdl
(507.55 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
test ve mapOSE $12P V112 2bar V8 808 with intercooler control & kickdown control.BIN
(32 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
Dazza92VP

Post by Dazza92VP »

Does anyone know why that engine revolution flag is referring to as it doesn’t seem to be setting a crank sensor fault or anything? Or loos of rpm pick up