whipple 304 tune

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
delcowizzid

Re: whipple 304 tune

Post by delcowizzid »

Put the rpm derivative spark flag back to stock turn single fire flag back to stock. Find the Siemens 60lb Injector voltage offsets and low pulse width offsets on this forum and put them into the tune if that's the Injector you are using. Make sure closed loop is disabled and wideband VE learn and manually start changing the VE table. It's not going into idle mode so it's targeting 14.7 like it thinks it's rolling. The engine revolution flag just flicks on and off its just like yes the engine is turning flag
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

Post by Dazza92VP »

I worries I’ll give that a go see what happens I did try playing with the single fire just to see if that made a difference to the ve % but must have left it on. I’m not sure if these are Siemens units I guess they’re supposed to be unfortunately they are eBay units but I’ll try the offsets
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

Hate to butt in, sorry. If those are $80 ebay injectors sets and you haven't flowed them, they are probably due for the trash can :( I've flowed literally thousands of injectors and those ebay injectors make me money :mrgreen:
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Hard to find genuine injectors these days. So many garbage fakes out there.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Dazza92VP

Post by Dazza92VP »

well they weren't $80 units think he paid $250 or $300 he just went and bought them and i have been questioning them since he told me and fitted them i haven't really been able to get a decent photo of the numbers. Alot of things on this are against me bottom end wasn't rebuilt, rings weren't gapped, heads not done(haven't even been off), unknown injectors. Its really just had a cam, springs, roller rockers and a charger thrown at it.
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

oy, a list of unknowns :sad2: these jobs turn into a bunch of 3am nights, yuck :wall:
Dazza92VP

Post by Dazza92VP »

haha yea it already got to the point the missus was starting to get pretty pissed off. this charger is a "bolt on kit" only thing that bolted on was the manifold and charger everything else was custom made to suit and he also changed from 4l60e to th400, lots of 1-2am finishes straight after work. now i have the wonder full job of tuning it as no one here either touches delco ecus or the ones that do dont want to touch an engine they didnt build and i havent done complete remap tunes only small tweaks to fueling and spark not starting from scratch but have to learn some how i suppose. were not going for outright power at this point he just wants to have it cruise with the charger whine and peel tyres
'quipt4it

Post by 'quipt4it »

I'm going to state the obvious, but have you tried Mark's Workshop.
Dazza92VP

Post by Dazza92VP »

Yea we rang him and he wasn’t happy with the combo of cam, charger, stall and just about everything else about it and refused to tune it unless he built it the way he wanted. The owner has already forked out heaps for this thing already and doesn’t want to pull it out again unless it’s dead
'quipt4it

Post by 'quipt4it »

There is no doubting his results though.
That Torana A9X II is wicked.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yeKM8_w2s8