Looking for a starter map, Kalmaker to $12P

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Mr DOHC
cars: VP Maloo

Re: Looking for a starter map, Kalmaker to $12P

Post by Mr DOHC »

Mr DOHC wrote:I've asked that question a few different ways, how do i actually upload, and have received no answer and i didnt see it anywhere else. i assumed that the Kalmaker has the capability via the existing setup.
Any idea on how to change it back?
Or does it need to be wiped and have it updated to $12P?
If so, is there anyone here i can ship the Kal to to do that for me $$$?
'quipt4it

Post by 'quipt4it »

If it's an NVRAM, send me a PM, I will do it for postage. :shh:
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Its as delcowizzid said above. Now with more detail:

No. 12P allows updating form one version to another version of 12P in place with the delco ose flashtool, but since the software has been out of development (no updates) for quite some thats unlikley to be something many people need to do everyone just starts on the latest version. But to change operating system (eg kalmaker to 12P) you need a programmer and you need to write it directly to the chip. The reason for this is because the chip holds the tune and the operating system .The operating system runs the computer and runs the communications interface to your laptop. So at some stage the operating system gets partly overwritten while its still needed, and then its game over and your flash write fails. There is some protection against this if you try and do it in our nvram hardware or with oseplugin for tunerpro, but its not foolproof. The programmer depends on nothing to write the whole chip in isolation so that is how you can change or repair the operating system.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396