Vn v6 after gas removal issues

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Vnv691
cars: Vn v6 t5

Vn v6 after gas removal issues

Post by Vnv691 »

Hello looking for some help I have removed the gas system out of my car (bottle was removed before I purchased the car) it ran fine before but now it won't run I'm guessing it's not getting injector power ? It's cranks and fuel primes but yeah runs for 1 seconds and stalls could only find where it was spliced in 4 places , pink wire around ignition key area ,tacho wire passenger front of loom, oxygen sensor and tps sensor and that's pretty much it
Anyone have any experience or could point me in the right direction , thanks in advance
Holden202T

Re: Vn v6 after gas removal issues

Post by Holden202T »

isnt there normally a relay or similar that disables the injectors when its on gas ?

the fact its priming the fuel pump makes me think the ECU is getting power so its probably just the injector wires.

should be able to probe a plug with the multimeter and ignition on, of you dont have 12v at the injectors that might be the issue.
Vnv691

Post by Vnv691 »

Yeah got 12v at the injector mate
'quipt4it

Post by 'quipt4it »

Could be a faulty switch.
When on gas, the engine will start on petrol and then change to LPG when a preset (RPM or similar) has been met.
Switching back to petrol the engine will run on petrol (with no switching).
Vnv691

Post by Vnv691 »

Yeah I understand that mate but I've removed everything related to the gas
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Normally there is a relay near the ECU on the light blue wires for the injector grounds. Find that and remove it and join the blue wires back together.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Vnv691

Post by Vnv691 »

I've followed the blue wires and opened the loom up pretty much the whole way to the injectors and can't find a relay mate
'quipt4it

Post by 'quipt4it »

Is it a clean engine cut or a splutter then stop.
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

The gas was removed before you bought the car. First question is did it run OK when you got it and second question is for how long? No use barking up the wrong tree with assumptions.
'quipt4it

Post by 'quipt4it »

Charlescrown wrote:...First question is did it run OK when you got it and second question is for how long?...
Vnv691 wrote:...(bottle was removed before I purchased the car) it ran fine before but now it won't run...
So it was running on petrol with the gas tank removed, and it hasn't been running since you removed the rest of the system?