Help Creating My Very Own Lump Tune

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
delcowizzid

Re: Help Creating My Very Own Lump Tune

Post by delcowizzid »

You can edit 2 hex addresses to make it full manual so it doesn't shift up and down there's a post on here by yoda69 on the addresses to modify
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Cowtipper
cars: 2004 Vy V6 Wagon
@001 VU l67 manual Ute

Post by Cowtipper »

delcowizzid wrote:You can edit 2 hex addresses to make it full manual so it doesn't shift up and down there's a post on here by yoda69 on the addresses to modify
ohhh fancy i might do some digging hahah
Rhysk94
cars: VE SS-V
VY V6 Turbo “Ecojet”
FG XR6 Turbo
VY V6 Stocker Farm Hack
VY V6 Turbo Manual Drift Hack
VY L67 Calais
N80 Toyota Hilux
VX Stocker Farm Hack
FG XR6 Turbo

Post by Rhysk94 »

Lol that youtube video posted above was mine... :lol:
Rhysk94
VY V6 Turbo “Ecojet”
FG XR6 Turbo
VY V6 Stocker Farm Hack
VY L67 Calais
N80 Toyota Hilux
VX Stocker Farm Hack
FG XR6 Turbo

Post by Rhysk94 »

Here is another one I did, perfected it from that white VY I originally did it too
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkiHdb111fU[/youtube]
AgedFast wrote:Hi guys after watching video below, I've been researching how to create my own for the entire week and after spending the entirety of today on it I'm stuck and realise I need help by people smarter than I.

I've spent days on youtube, forums and google and I'm as confused as ever.
This is my latest thought after taking a long shot and watching how the DURAMAX guys do it, I could be completely wrong.

If I was to set the inj multiplier to 0 in the 50 MGC column for all RPMs other then 800 I assume it would create a lump as idle RPM falls in and out of that range?
image.PNG
I'm using the stock BIN I pulled from my vehicle along with $060B v2.41 xdf

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35VtDiDBWAY[/youtube]
AgedFast

Post by AgedFast »

Yes, I keep watching, commenting and still no idea.
Rhysk94
VY V6 Turbo “Ecojet”
FG XR6 Turbo
VY V6 Stocker Farm Hack
VY L67 Calais
N80 Toyota Hilux
VX Stocker Farm Hack
FG XR6 Turbo

Re: Faking a big cam

Post by Rhysk94 »

this is the exact reason I didn't want to send my tune out and post video's up on youtube. Every man and his dog is going to try to do this
leak incorrect information on how to do it, or copy all my work and post up "their own" versions.
Fucking flogs.
AgedFast wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8wT8mzne5A[/youtube]

After running this tune for a few weeks now I have a write up for anyone thinking of doing the same.
  • Very hard on autos, coming to a stop as its going into idle the car will bunny hop and shudder.
  • Fuel consumption was well over 20L/100km (I did also have DFCO disabled and dumping fuel on decel).
  • Can on occasion fall into a retarded state causing RPM to drop significantly to the point of almost stalling.
  • IMO not worth running all the time especially if its your only form of transport, there are 100 new noises in this rig.
I was only able to get mine to do the above with leaked information. Below is what I've worked out on my own if you wanted to attempt to make a tune.
  • Set desired idle speed to 1000RPM, going lower could end up in the retarded state I mentioned earlier.
  • Run a log and find what spark cells you are sitting in.
  • Retard 1000 and 1200 cells or add fuel to those cells and remove from 800 - 400. example
  • Toggle open loop idle logic so the car actually reads from the tables we just adjusted.
People are working on improving this so hopefully they will share.
Attached is crackle tune I created.
Cowtipper
cars: 2004 Vy V6 Wagon
@001 VU l67 manual Ute

Post by Cowtipper »

AgedFast wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8wT8mzne5A[/youtube]

After running this tune for a few weeks now I have a write up for anyone thinking of doing the same.
  • Very hard on autos, coming to a stop as its going into idle the car will bunny hop and shudder.
  • Fuel consumption was well over 20L/100km (I did also have DFCO disabled and dumping fuel on decel).
  • Can on occasion fall into a retarded state causing RPM to drop significantly to the point of almost stalling.
  • IMO not worth running all the time especially if its your only form of transport, there are 100 new noises in this rig.
I was only able to get mine to do the above with leaked information. Below is what I've worked out on my own if you wanted to attempt to make a tune.
  • Set desired idle speed to 1000RPM, going lower could end up in the retarded state I mentioned earlier.
  • Run a log and find what spark cells you are sitting in.
  • Retard 1000 and 1200 cells or add fuel to those cells and remove from 800 - 400. example
  • Toggle open loop idle logic so the car actually reads from the tables we just adjusted.
People are working on improving this so hopefully they will share.
Attached is crackle tune I created.
Those instructions are very vague and very dangerous if a beginner tuner makes a mistake mate! There is also another dozen or so settings to adjust that you have not listed/mentioned as the "leaked info" (i assume it was from the bin that i have since removed) was far from perfect.

It has taken a long time and a few mistakes along the way, but with some collaboration with RKGarage i have a couple guinea pigs testing a daily VY and a VYVS skid hack both on ghost cams that have 0 of the issues you have listed.

Also if you are trying to manualize the auto and command 1st, 2nd, 3rd on the shifter, theres another 4 scalers to change in order the ensure shift on command
AgedFast

Post by AgedFast »

Rhysk94 wrote:this is the exact reason I didn't want to send my tune out and post video's up on youtube. Every man and his dog is going to try to do this
leak incorrect information on how to do it, or copy all my work and post up "their own" versions.
Fucking flogs.
Bit unnecessary.
Cowtipper wrote:Those instructions are very vague and very dangerous if a beginner tuner makes a mistake mate! There is also another dozen or so settings to adjust that you have not listed/mentioned as the "leaked info" (i assume it was from the bin that i have since removed) was far from perfect. It has taken a long time and a few mistakes along the way, but with some collaboration with RKGarage i have a couple guinea pigs testing a daily VY and a VYVS skid hack both on ghost cams that have 0 of the issues you have listed. Also if you are trying to manualize the auto and command 1st, 2nd, 3rd on the shifter, theres another 4 scalers to change in order the ensure shift on command
They are vague because they are not instructions and its from what I've found myself, not from the tune.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Please be polite. Im not pointing the finger at anyone in particular but I feel that this thread has potential to turn nasty. As I see it nobody's work is posted here without permission, nobody has exclusivity on this and while I think these tunes are not a good idea I understand that people want to experiment and learn. Of course its not a good idea to do this to your daily but I dont think its my place to stop people experimenting on cars bought for purpose in their backyard and learning a bit about tuning in the process. The thread can stay open but please keep it friendly and on topic or else I'll need to come back and delete posts and lock the thread.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
hsv08
cars: (EX) VT SENATOR 355 STROKER
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

antus wrote:Please be polite. Im not pointing the finger at anyone in particular but I feel that this thread has potential to turn nasty. As I see it nobody's work is posted here without permission, nobody has exclusivity on this and while I think these tunes are not a good idea I understand that people want to experiment and learn. Of course its not a good idea to do this to your daily but I dont think its my place to stop people experimenting on cars bought for purpose in their backyard and learning a bit about tuning in the process. The thread can stay open but please keep it friendly and on topic or else I'll need to come back and delete posts and lock the thread.
Agreed :thumbup: There is no need for name calling or pointing the finger at members. This isn't a place to try and flex ;)