VN V6 Stumble / Bogging down

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
'quipt4it

Re: VN V6 Stumble / Bogging down

Post by 'quipt4it »

Since you replaced the plugs/leads 2 months prior...
Saintsinnerx wrote:...Only thing not replaced so far is Plugs / Leads but both were replaced around about 2 months ago roughly with new...
I would hold off 'til I did more diagnosis, especially @ $120 a throw. Plus a bad plug or lead is not something you would 'drive through', ie only be evident in a specific or narrow band.
Check both ends of the MAP sensor hose (and FPR hose), not just the sensor (or FPR) end. The engine side sees all the heat, and it would be more likely to harden and lose contact pressure.
Checking the resistance of the leads with a multimeter will not tell you how they perform under load.
Saintsinnerx
cars: Holden Vr 1993/1994 x2

Post by Saintsinnerx »

'quipt4it wrote:Since you replaced the plugs/leads 2 months prior...
Saintsinnerx wrote:...Only thing not replaced so far is Plugs / Leads but both were replaced around about 2 months ago roughly with new...
I would hold off 'til I did more diagnosis, especially @ $120 a throw. Plus a bad plug or lead is not something you would 'drive through', ie only be evident in a specific or narrow band.
Check both ends of the MAP sensor hose (and FPR hose), not just the sensor (or FPR) end. The engine side sees all the heat, and it would be more likely to harden and lose contact pressure.
Checking the resistance of the leads with a multimeter will not tell you how they perform under load.
Yeah after thinking for a moment decided to hold off in plugs and leads, did test the resistance and all came in around 2500 ish so well below the 12k range

Did however replace both vac lines again for to Tb and Tb to map, no change

Went out and had a check over the engine wiring etc maybe a earthing out sensor wire or something silly,

Couldn't find anything visually, neighbour came over and was having a chat gave the engine a rev to find the stumble spot.. and sparks are being thrown just beside the crank angle sensor...

So 80% sure under load the balancer is shaged and is "strwtching" causing the trigger wheel to contact the sensor
Sound like an issue that would cause the stumbling under load ?

Either way new balancer and sensor has been ordered as the rubber is all cracked
'quipt4it

Post by 'quipt4it »

Saintsinnerx wrote:..Couldn't find anything visually, neighbour came over and was having a chat gave the engine a rev to find the stumble spot.. and sparks are being thrown just beside the crank angle sensor..
How lucky was that!
If it's not causing the problem at least there is on thing to cross off you list lol
That's 120 you can put towards the balancer and CAS :lol:
I have seen a 'separated' balancer take out the CAS completely...
Saintsinnerx
cars: Holden Vr 1993/1994 x2

Post by Saintsinnerx »

'quipt4it wrote:
Saintsinnerx wrote:..Couldn't find anything visually, neighbour came over and was having a chat gave the engine a rev to find the stumble spot.. and sparks are being thrown just beside the crank angle sensor..
How lucky was that!
If it's not causing the problem at least there is on thing to cross off you list lol
That's 120 you can put towards the balancer and CAS :lol:
I have seen a 'separated' balancer take out the CAS completely...

Yeah very lucky, im not 100% convinced that is causing the issue tho im leaning towards that being a new issue thats arrived trying to diagnose this one.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

I was just about to say make sure the fins arnt hitting the cas from mud and gravel getting in there
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem