VX L67 swap problems

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Nortonspeedwell
cars: Slodeo V6 SC
Motorcycles

VX L67 swap problems

Post by Nortonspeedwell »

Hello wise people
I installed a VY L67 and Getrag 260 in to a TF Rodeo and found it would not connect to HP tuners, Snap On Modis but would somewhat connect to TunerProRT. in TunerProRT it would keep disconnecting/connecting, Dashdata would read then zero and read again, the cooling fan is always on when the engine is running, the engine pings. The engine was also stuffed so swapped it for a VX L67. The engine developed a miss and traced it to an injector rectifier in the PCM. After speaking to many people about compatibility I installed a VX PCM using the original VY L67 memcal but it starts but does not run.
For more perspective it has a body control simulator so VATS shouldnt be an issue?
Given that it has connection problems and now not running what do you guys suggest?
I am not familiar with tuning, bins, files, I had a mate set up my TunerPro laptop.
Attachments
IMG20210926134335.jpg
Last edited by Nortonspeedwell on Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nortonspeedwell
Motorcycles

Re: VX L67 swap problems

First PCM-VY L67
Attachments
Screenshot_2021-10-03-22-20-18-42.jpg
Nortonspeedwell
Motorcycles

Current PCM-VX L67
Attachments
Screenshot_2021-10-03-22-19-55-05.jpg
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

What BCM simulator are you using? It may pay to disable VATS in the tune to rule it out as an issue.

Does the fuel system prime?

Does the VX PCM have the original memcal in it or something else? and what XDF file are you using?
Nortonspeedwell
Motorcycles

I am using one of Pman's simulators. I will check fuel pressure soon. I'm not sure which xdf , is that the one that make Tuner Pro work?
VX pcm has the VY memcal in it as the car is a manual.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Did you have to select what model in the simulator or do a learn procedure it might not be sending the ecu the right reply
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Nortonspeedwell
Motorcycles

Thanks Immortality and Delcowizard you have found a problem, it was set on mode 2 VR-VS.
The wiring harness is out having half a metre removed then will let you all know the verdict.
Nortonspeedwell
Motorcycles

Fuel pump primes, turn key, engine starts and runs for a second. Simulator is now set for VT-VY simulator.
So just a recap, it now has
VX L67 engine
VX L67 Calais PCM DDRH (blue and pink plugs)
VY engine harness
VY manual memcal
Pman simulator

It used to have a
VY L67
VY PCM DLTK (blue and pink plugs)
Pman simulator
But the VY engine and PCM failed
After fitting the VX gear it won't keep running.
Nortonspeedwell
Motorcycles

I tried the VX memcal in the VY PCM with the same symptoms, start but no running.
Then VX PCM with VX memcal and it starts and runs.
Can anyone see any problems with it having an auto memcal in it , just wondering if I should be on the safe side and get a new one as I dont know if it is even correct for the pulley
vs ss
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1

Post by vs ss »

It will be because it’s a kalmaker tune. Now I can’t remember if they lic them to the pcm or just the tune itself. Have you tried doing the key on reds for at least a minute before trying to start? This is mandatory on the kalmaker workshop os and has to be done anytime you disconnect power from the pcm. Was the old pcm definitely stuffed or was it this causing the problem?
Cheers.
Just put your original vy memcal in each pcm, connect the battery or plug in the pcm( whichever way you're doing it) then leave the key on for a minimum of a minute and see what happens.