First NVRAM Tune Help

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
vn_ss_cm
cars: VN SS

Re: First NVRAM Tune Help

Post by vn_ss_cm »

Prior to the mods it worked fine at 80deg reference able time it it perfectly....I will try 10 again for the sake of it. Fxed the speedo by adding a wire from the VSS signal before it gets to the speedo and it works now.
I will try again next week, waiting on a new wideband sensor and throttle body to arrive as the poocomp throttle body has some serious issues with idle control and secondaries only open at 50% throttle and you pretty much
have to be flat to the floor to open them...someguy360 was right!! good for testing though!
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

You need to set it to 10 in the tune then move the dizzy to suit use a timing light and set it to 10 degrees in diagnostic mode
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
vn_ss_cm

Post by vn_ss_cm »

Hey Guys can someone review my current tune....installed a new wideband. idle afr seems way off It was hunting so made the idle rich... also having a strange issue when I let off the throttle it pops once from the exhaust and the afrs are bouncing all over the place :(.....
if someone can tweak it enough to give me a driveble tune please and I can fine tune it later. i have set up the injector battery, kinjflow and initial crank for the ls1 injectors. i have added a log file.

Mods - Proflow 4 bbl throttle body, 276 crane cam, extractors, twin cat 2.5inch into single 3 inch, manual, ls1 injectors 931s
Attachments
test2311rnd2.xdl
(340.04 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
OSE $12P V112_Cmtest1.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

You have to fix your ref angle. Your firing to the wrong cylinder, what delcowizzid says is 100% on the money. You'll still need to tune it after that but you've failed at the initial setup phase to begin with. learn about diagnostic mode (you ground a pin) set 10 degrees reference angle, and adjust the distributor until you see 10 degrees on a timing light. Then when the computer says its delivering X spark, you'll be getting X spark. At the moment, your not... and thats gonna be a problem, possibly of the engine damaging variety later. Your timing might be over 10 degrees higher (and in the wrong cylinder) than you think at the moment.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
vn_ss_cm

Post by vn_ss_cm »

ok i will look into. prior to the mods I setup reference angle to 10 and had issues trying to time it similar to holden 202...then i found his thread and changed to ref angle to 80 and was able to time it 10 deg before TDC and it ran fine...I will try and set it to 10 again. 'delivering X spark, you'll be getting X spark' where do you see that I guess you compare the (Map) KPA against what the spark advance is on the dash then compare back to the tune right? if it indeed is out then that could be why trying to tune it is all off?

Re: Bedford CF Van
Postby Holden202T » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:00 pm

yeah probably, plus or minus me moving the dizzy at the same time :P

after speaking with VL400 and working out that $11 doesn't like 10 degrees reference angle (timing doesn't move from 10 ever) we've gone to 90 degrees and zero cranking advance and zero on the dizzy .... so far so good, all seems to be working properly, so hopefully that's the end of it!
vn_ss_cm

Post by vn_ss_cm »

Ok changed the reference angle and it runs ok, need to get a new timing light as it died today lol.....really strange I put in my non nvram memcal and it struggles to run on reference angle 10...same tune on nvram with reference angle 10 is running perfect so far :? i purchased a new timing light today so tomorrow I will time it correctly and start from scratch!
vn_ss_cm

Post by vn_ss_cm »

Ok timed to 10deg in diag mode with 10deg reference angle.
So strange the non os12 normal memcal with same tune won't run but at 10 but 80 it runs....what ever I'm back on track now and it starts and idled nicely....back to reading and tuning. I will capture another log and post back. Thanks guys