First NVRAM Tune Help

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
vn_ss_cm
cars: VN SS

First NVRAM Tune Help

Post by vn_ss_cm »

Hello Guys,

Did my first nvram tune (should have done this years ago). Can someone look over my tune and log file.

Specs: 276 Cam, twin cat into 3 inch exhaust, 1200cfm throttle body on a edelbrock airgap manifold, Ls1 931 injectors, 3.5bar regulator manual, camira module 80deg ref, VR 852 ecu using vn loom modded to obd

Problems I have with my first tune - at a steady cruise you can feel a slight miss/shake, No speedo on the tuner pro dash even though i changed ppk to 1250(VN), hesitation when revving on the spot.
According to the log the injector duty cycle is 100%..I know its incorrect as 'someguy360' was running a similar setup on ecotec injectors and had no issues.
Attachments
Test Drive.xdl
(555.46 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
OSE $12P V112_276FirstTune.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
VX L67 Getrag

Re: First NVRAM Tune Help

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Have you got wideband on it & going back into datalog?
vn_ss_cm

Post by vn_ss_cm »

Played around today...need to wire in the wideband currently not connected to tuner pro but it has gone bonkers again 2nd sensor I have lost both genuine Bosch stays on 19.9 from cold start and operating temp and sometimes it reads correct afr. Speedo on tuner pro dash is also not working even though ppk is 1250...do I have to wire the speedo sensor wire directly to the ecu like a VR?
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

What model of car is it?

You def need the wide band before you can do any tuning.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

How's the speedo wired now?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Camira module reference angle should be set to 10 degrees and the dizzy setup at 10 degrees in diagnostic mode using a timing light
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
vn_ss_cm

Post by vn_ss_cm »

Model VN SS using standard VN wiring loom with a VR V6 Manual 852 ecu, speedo is wired the factory way - Speedo sensor to dash then dash to ECU.
I have tried the 10deg reference angle and the car wouldn't run, prior to the 4 barral and manifold upgrade the car ran perfectly with the camira module at 80deg ref angle
I have ultrasonically cleaned my 'newer' wideband sensor and will swap it out and wire it to the ecu.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

With the reference angle wrong you are most likely crossfieing to the next cylinder in the firing order inside the dizzy causing the random missfire at cruise. You can't clean a wideband when it's dead its dead
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

My info which I have not used says the spark reference angle for a V6 should be 70 degrees.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

It's a v8 with a reluctor dizzy using a camira ignition module