nvram/bin/xdf/adx? vs v6

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Commylife
cars: 2 vs utes & a vy l67
No autos

nvram/bin/xdf/adx? vs v6

Post by Commylife »

hey guys curious to know what bin & xdf/adx yous are using with nvram for tuning a manual vs v6
i can navigate around tunerpro preety well as in being diagnosing for a few years so the tuning is deffinetely new. im just having trouble connecting to nvram properly, im using a envyous customs aldl, any feedback is good. cheers
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Re: nvram/bin/xdf/adx? vs v6

Post by immortality »

If you are starting from scratch I'd recommend starting with The1's enhanced tune and matching XDF and ADX. The original VS tune only has the MAF curve to adjust fueling, the Enhanced tunes have the added injector rate constant tables that allow you to fine tune it more like the later factory tunes had as well as extended spark tables.

Can't comment on the cable as I'v always used the genuine cables supplied from this forum.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Is this a series 3? From the PM you mentioned you said it was a PCM NVRAM. VS S3 is a bit of a weird one as its the first of the VT style computers. The above is still correct.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Commylife
No autos

Post by Commylife »

cheers guys i did manage to establish a stable connection with the ose, using vt & other. however tunerpro crashed 30 seconds after.
im still not seeing ose hardware down the bottom of tuner pro.. i havent got the RW jumper on either. cheers boys
Commylife
No autos

Post by Commylife »

update - i didnt get a stable connection. was just my laptop freezing then crashing.. ( it is a series 2 ) my bad.
the ose software does not apear at the bottom of tunerpro, have got it all set right in the prefference setting.. have tried the echo etc
once it connects all it does is say da error and flashes connected and not connected. i feel like im close but something isnt right. really trying to sort this out before i use a jumper, have tried other adx&xdf files. my envyuous customs cable does ushualy give me grief but can always find a stable connection