vs v6 nvram NEED HELP

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Commylife
cars: 2 vs utes & a vy l67
No autos

vs v6 nvram NEED HELP

Post by Commylife »

unable to get a stable connection with vs v6 aldl, connects and constantly flashed connected and not connected. using the vs v6 enchanced
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: vs v6 nvram NEED HELP

Post by antus »

make sure you are using the right adx, and make sure oseplugin is configured for echo, and for the right vehicle type. there may be an issue with VS. Try VT and let me know if that helps. I have heard there may be problems on VS but Ive never had one on hand am Im not sure the solution. I know unplugging the BCM is the simplest solution, which I think is what most people do on that model if the ADX doesnt silence the bus properly and the echo setting is right. Im not completely sure, more information welcome and I might be able to come up with a better fix.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Commylife
No autos

Post by Commylife »

cheers for getting back antus. unfortunatley i have just tried unplugging the bcm & tried the vt option. tried echo on and off tried both adx for vs vt. same result it connects and flashes data error. i know with standard pcm sometimes i would have to start the car and the comms would come good. have you got any other options? as for the ose software.. any reason its not displayed on the bottom of the screen next to hardware like it is when you download the how to ? cheers
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

It'll display when it detects the software on the NVRAM, when you hit the connect button. Either the nvram isnt running in the car properly, or maybe you are using the wrong adx. Which adx file are you using? Does the car start and sound like its running properly? Do you hear the fuel pump prime when you key on?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Commylife
No autos

Post by Commylife »

am using the vs_v6_$51_enchanced adx file
fuel pump works and car runs just runs like sh*% as ive got different injectors
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

That would be VS_V6_$51_Enhanced_v1.4e.adx from VS_V6_$51_Enhanced_v1.4e.zip from viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2518 ?
Commylife
No autos

Post by Commylife »

thats the one
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

I have verified that it has the correct chatter silence stuff in it. Try without the oseplugin and see if you can log like that? Otherwise I suggest it will be your cable. The envious ones use a different chip to the pcmhacking ones, and its possible they are slower and/or different timing. If so envious should be able to support it.
Commylife
No autos

Post by Commylife »

can you log nvram without oseplugin ?
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

yes. the purpose of oseplugin is to be able to write data back to the nvram when tuning, in the middle of logging on the same aldl interface. tunerpro does not support this out of the box, so oseplugin hooks both 'emulating' and 'data aquisition' sides of tunerpro and shares the aldl between them cleanly. If your only logging, you can do it direct.