Wannabe Tuna

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Maxxx
cars: VS Commodore ute and a VY Commodore ute

Re: Wannabe Tuna

Post by Maxxx »

Coolant temp sensor was at 24 degrees when I started the this morning, IAT was 18 at that time as well. At about 15 minutes into the drive the coolant was 91 and IAT was 19
Last edited by Maxxx on Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maxxx

Post by Maxxx »

I completely agree about it not making sense too, that' what is so confusing. One thing I haven't checked is the wire harness or the voltage at the PCM. I have checked voltage at the MAF and the earth and signal wire voltage with the MAF unplugged. The voltage with the key on was 12 volts the earth was good and the signal wire was 4.6 I think. I followed the procedure in the VS service manual, but the service manual didn't say that it should be 12 volts at the MAF plug. In a different part of the manual I ran across a voltage that said it should be 10 volts. The service manual I am using is the factory manual that someone put a link to on the just commodores site. It's abit of a pain to use because it runs on windows XP
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Maxxx wrote:I completely agree about it not making sense too, that' what is so confusing. One thing I haven't checked is the wire harness or the voltage at the PCM. I have checked voltage at the MAF and the earth and signal wire voltage with the MAF unplugged. The voltage with the key on was 12 volts the earth was good and the signal wire was 4.6 I think. I followed the procedure in the VS service manual, but the service manual didn't say that it should be 12 volts at the MAF plug. In a different part of the manual I ran across a voltage that said it should be 10 volts. The service manual I am using is the factory manual that someone put a link to on the just commodores site. It's abit of a pain to use because it runs on windows XP

Got a link to that manual please?

I was just looking at a VS wiring diagram and the MAF is powered from Fuse F12 so that tell me it just runs of the system voltage.
Maxxx

Post by Maxxx »

VR/VS factory CD software. Download to an old PC and run setup. Must be able to run 16 bit software. EG Windows XP.

Best to use the search feature to find what you are looking for, then print what you need. The software is pretty clunky but the info is gold.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yh9u0gvomnzv ... rMPza?dl=0

I run it on windows 7 using virtualbox
Maxxx

Post by Maxxx »

I'm sure there is a better way to use it than the way I do. I downloaded the files, saved them to a USB run virtualbox with an XP image and read the files off the USB
immortality

Post by immortality »

I was using this wiring diagram.

Have you cleaned and checked all the main earths on the engine?
Attachments
VSV6 Auto Wiring Diagram.pdf
(118.25 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
Maxxx

Post by Maxxx »

I have cleaned the earth on the back of the left head where the O2 sensor bolts to, cleaned the nuts, stud and water pump housing where the right O2 sensor bolts to and pulled and cleaned the earth cable off the battery, inner fender well and block.
Maxxx

Post by Maxxx »

I think I'm using the wiring diagram The1 posted.
immortality

Post by immortality »

There is also a earth on one of the studs under the DFI module.
Maxxx

Post by Maxxx »

I have seen posts on different forums about an earth under the DFI unit but I can't find one on mine.