map sensor tunes

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
upyas
cars: vy s

map sensor tunes

Post by upyas »

Is there any way to change the afm to a map sensor ? l67 etc ?

be nice to know how, ive seen kalmaker cars with it.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: map sensor tunes

Post by antus »

kalmaker has a custom OS you can buy to do it. It was rumoured there was a free version in development but I dont think it was finished. Generally speaking the MAF tunes are more than capable, so if you still want to do it for your preferences on stock hardware it has to be kalmaker.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
upyas
cars: vy s

Post by upyas »

whats the max kinda power you can with the maf? using a ls1 i guess?
hsv08
cars: (EX) VT SENATOR 355 STROKER
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

upyas wrote:whats the max kinda power you can with the maf? using a ls1 i guess?
A common misconception is that a Mafless tune is better then a MAF tune, This is simply not the case. The MAF and MAP sensors are only a way to sense load/airflow, and calculate injector pulsewidth. I think this misconception comes from the LS1 tuning, Where the MAF on VT-VY were small and restrictive, with the ability to use the backup speed density system, its general practice to remove the MAF and tune with the MAP.

Im pretty sure that the1s Enhanced bins can measure 13,500hz which is 16500mgc. Twice that of a factory ecu. off the top of my head I think that's near 15lbs of boost depending on the engine.

So max power, would be the same as MAP sensor tune, And Thats all dependent on your setup.