Help how to make 1st gear stay in 1st vy v6 AUTO

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
encrypted
cars: vy calais vy spac sedan vy spac ute
Ve omega

Help how to make 1st gear stay in 1st vy v6 AUTO

Post by encrypted »

Hey guys was just wondering if someone can help me or point me in the right direction how how to make a vy v6 auto stay in first gear when selected in the the tune i have played around with the auto parameters changing manual 1-2 upshift tps vs kph but no luck holds first for about 3/4 seconds then changes to second by itself i have searched around the forums and havent had any luck finding anything to help me i am also useing the1s enhanced file on the car if anyone can tell me what to change in the tune would be much appreciated
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Help how to make 1st gear stay in 1st vy v6 AUTO

Post by vlad01 »

My understanding is you will need a stage 2 shift kit in your auto to do that.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
encrypted
cars: vy calais vy spac sedan vy spac ute
Ve omega

Post by encrypted »

vlad01 wrote:My understanding is you will need a stage 2 shift kit in your auto to do that.
Iv done abit of research and have found you can alter the box parameters to fully manualise the box and have the box Change gears on demand without having a shit kit at all which is sort of somthing I’m after as it’s just a skid car but no one has said how they did it in the tune
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Go through all the transmission settings and alter the upshift point to max. There are a few you'll need to do. It really depends on if all the trans shift items have been defined.