doubt about two things from ecu delco

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
holman

doubt about two things from ecu delco

Post by holman »

first I wanted to know if it is possible to extract a file with the ram memory through the aldl port or track an address through aldl my ecu is multec based on the 808 I think it came with an old holden connector and another model already came with obd2 standard but it uses only three wires for communication (12v /- / 8192 baud) service number 16265957 (it's like hardware number) my question would be what adx can i use for data stream i have an ftdi for diagnostics i have opcom and tech 2 and from here the second question Reading with tech 2 I get a mask id of $6E, but if I look for an equivalent xdf, it is a camaro 5.7l f body, can they have the same mask id and be different models?
Finally, only the majority that I have tried with reverse engineering, but I only find subroutines that are loaded to the processor and they recommended me to read aldl to have a more complete file and track the address of some values ​​in RAM, all because I have larger injectors. In open loop it works fine, I only connect the o2 of a single cable, the minimum becomes unstable despite the fact that its int is oscillating between 124 and 130, I can't find the problem but I think it's bpw things because of the size of the injector I configured it with ostrich 2 in trace, I got a single table looking among some vectors I think it is the temperature of the mat it helped me a little when it was cold :study: :wall:
Attachments
similar ecu
similar ecu
corsa-2001-5059-oem-DMTMpo.bin
BIN
(32 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
corsa-16l-$6E.xdf
DEF
(46.91 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
The1

Re: doubt about two things from ecu delco

Post by The1 »

you need to read the eprom under the blue cover to get the code and go from there.

Here's a similar thread.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4572
holman

Post by holman »

The1 wrote:you need to read the eprom under the blue cover to get the code and go from there.

Here's a similar thread.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4572
yes, that was what I did first, I read the eprom or rom, then I loaded the file to ostrich 2.0 and from there I started to modify the binary with tp5 calculating its checksum together with a wideband I reached a point where the mix oscillated very little, then I realized that when it was cold it was running out of fuel, from there I started looking for the tables using ida and supporting myself with ostrich tracing I found the map that modifies the bpw according to the temperature, well the problem in cold goes away, when I remove the broadband and connect the narrow band, the minimum is unstable and removes fuel abruptly, I check with the tech 2, I verify that the short-term adjustment is at 0%, as well as in the long term it begins to compensate with blm as if I had to do it, the strange thing is that both blm with int are 0% with a slight modification it starts to go from -3 to 1%,
holman

Post by holman »

Today I did a test in which the fault makes me think that I do not have a good fuel pump, and when I arrive a long time before the reserve it turns off, I am going to check that, the aldl seems to be a 160 baud communication, I measured the signal that it sends the tech2 and the opcom is 12v, I tried with adx that is around here with 5v, there was no response. I wanted to know if the 8192 baud only exists in 5v?
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

I don't think a Tech2 can read the older Delco ECU's. Let me know if I'm wrong.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

160 baud vs 8192 baud depends on the existence of the SXR communication chip. Most delcos use 8192, it was only (as far as I know) the 89-92 VN-VP commodore computers where the SXR chip was not populated and they bitbang 160 baud from the main operating system. None the less it may still be a 160 baud stream. There is no global standard for the payload in the data stream, so it will be difficult to figure out. If that pcm is supported by opcom and you can use it to monitor the stream that is a good approach. You may also be able to get some wins by looking for tables by eye in a hex editor, but to do that you need to be used to the platform and 80% of it is just having a feel for a size of table and its typical shape.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
holman

Post by holman »

antus wrote:160 baud vs 8192 baud depends on the existence of the SXR communication chip. Most delcos use 8192, it was only (as far as I know) the 89-92 VN-VP commodore computers where the SXR chip was not populated and they bitbang 160 baud from the main operating system. None the less it may still be a 160 baud stream. There is no global standard for the payload in the data stream, so it will be difficult to figure out. If that pcm is supported by opcom and you can use it to monitor the stream that is a good approach. You may also be able to get some wins by looking for tables by eye in a hex editor, but to do that you need to be used to the platform and 80% of it is just having a feel for a size of table and its typical shape.
well thanks to charlescrown and antus i did some extensive research "if tech 2 doesn't accept 160 baud it goes to 1993" based on the sxr chip reading a previous antus post, researching what ic actually uses to communicate this 68hc11, 5v for rx and tx then converts to 12v check with the oscilloscope and the ecu does the following it receives a signal from tech2 12v converts it to 5v then the 68hc11 outputs 5v through those inverters then converts it to 12v for tech2, conversion from 5v to 12 the 16 pin ic does it part number is 16221256 delco, on the pin that is used for the obd2 connector is 7 it looks like k-line but in a very old way because if I scan the protocol with a scanner it doesn't recognize it as k-line or 9141, I think this is a 8192 baud accepts injector test outputs, pump, relays, blm reset, ecu id, I wanted to know if I can connect to the data in the 5v stage? I leave you a little of what the oscilloscope shows and some info on this ecu it seems that it was manufactured in 1993 to 1998 one of my tools tells me, in this part of the world, but I saw an astra f 1994 1.6l that uses the same control unit. As for the fault, they were very large injectors and when the blm reduced a certain percentage, the injector was almost closed. For example, this car, being original, has a pulse width between 1.3ms to 2.0ms minimum, at that point the ecu can remove a certain percentage and it has no problem, but these injectors that I installed maintained a bpw of 0.43ms when I removed them. blm jumped to 0.27ms in broadband 18.5 afr with only 3% blm was almost off, I think that working with a very low pulse affects the resolution of the ecu, by the way I did not say it before the engine it uses is 1.3l opel sohc c13nz m/t
Attachments
1654394337748.jpg
TECH2_VID.jpg
comnucation ic.jpg
comnucation ic.jpg (434.25 KiB) Viewed 2031 times
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

You may find some info if you reaserch a Daewoo. They too used Delco. I suppose the important thing is a XDF so you can view the BIN file and make changes. I'm wondering of you could use 12P program instead of what yo have now.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Random info, I've seen a V6 Commodore run off a Daewoo ECU with a 12P base memcal fitted. I can't remember the party number and I didn't have any gear to hook up and see if I could read data
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

I'd say it probably is k-line. The circuit doesnt look like it has an ALDL SXR chip, and ALDL is normally on pin 9. This looks a lot more similar to the daewoo which is much newer than the older aldl stuff. The code internally is quite different, but you can see its based on the older delco hardware platform. If you can post up the bin from the memcal it would be interesting to take a look, but Im not confident there is much we'll be able to do with it other than start collecting information. Its not compatible with 11P or 12P.

There is a thread about daewoo ecms here, and one I picked up from the wreckers back in 2014 looks pretty similar to yours. In fact maybe it is the same. Ive also posted the bin from it, though it was a bit of a dead end. viewtopic.php?f=17&t=579&start=10#p42020
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396