doubt about two things from ecu delco

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Re: doubt about two things from ecu delco

Post by Charlescrown »

I recently got the wiring loom from a Daewoo and the 2 plugs and 90% of the wiring is delco 808. There was a few extra wires that I didin't take notice of so I removed them. Unfortunately I didn't get the ECU.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

The Lanos I got mine from had a different ignition system with coilpacks. And I strongly feel that K-line or some kind of OBD 1.5 K-line would be about right for a pre OBD2 1999 platform.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Yea that might be the case. I did run some of the basic tests like fuel pump on/off on a Daewoo some time ago with my Tech2 so yea there may be some what I call mongrel breeds out there.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

when I run https://xn--116-5cdagf5b9cdset.xn--p1ai ... m-vag.html through a translator I see a k-line vagcom adapter and the following translated text. The site looks a bit sketchy, your better off just reading this. I think its farmed the information rather than being an original source.

Code: Select all

K-Line (K-Line) adapter
K-line (k-line) adapter is the simplest interface for diagnostics via the K-line of cars of the domestic market VAZ, GAZ, Volga; Daewoo and Chevrolet, Subaru, FIAT, Alfa Romeo, Lancia cars. The device supports ISO-9141, ISO 14230 (KWP2000) protocols, but at the same time it does not support CAN bus operation. Assembled on the basis of the FTDI FT232BL chip. In general, the K-line adapter is designed to diagnose cars: Volkswagen, Audi, Seat and Skoda using VASYA Diagnostic 1.1 (VCDS Lite), VAG-COM 3.11, VAG Tool or other similar programs. Injectors with OBDII specification support according to ISO-9141 or ISO-14230 (KWP2000) protocols using Vehicle Explorer, OBD Tool, OBD Scan Tech or other analogues. VAZ / GAZ using Motor Tester, My Tester VAZ, My Tester GAZ, Diagnostic tools, Auto VAZ, kwp_d,Daewoo using Sens Diag, Daewoo AKM (T-Monitor), Daewoo Scan, kwp_d, etc. Tavria, Slavuta, Lada using Sens Diag, etc. Chevrolet Lacetti, Aveo using ChevroletExplorer. 
snip

Code: Select all

3.1 diagnostics and display of all parameters of the engine control unit are available, "given" by the ECU via the K-Line protocol (toxicity standards: Russia-83, Euro-II, Euro-III) Supported control units: January 5.* (all modifications) January VS 5.* (all modifications) January 7.* (all modifications) Bosch M1.5.4(N) (all modifications) Bosch MP7 (Euro-II / Euro-III) Bosch M7.9.7 (Euro-II) Mikas 5.4, Mikas 7.1 when using Motor-Tester/Motortester 1.2.0.9: diagnostics of internal combustion engines of vehicles equipped with electronic fuel injection control systems (ECU). The program is used for maintenance and repair of cars at service stations, car service, by the owner of the car in the presence of a personal computer. Supported control units: MKD 105 AUTRON M1.5.4 Mikas M1.5.4(KZ),1, VS 5.1 E2 For Daewoo vehicles: Tyranus Daewoo Scanner v2.3. Supports Daewoo vehicles (Espero, Cielo, Nubira I, Leganza, Lanos). Features: Reading and clearing errors, Displaying sensor readings, Plotting Research Daewoo software. Program for diagnosing Daewoo cars (Espero, Lanos, Leganza, Nubira, Nubira II, Magnus, Nexia (UZ), Prince, Rezzo). The SensDiag v1.2.5 program is a useful program for Daewoo and not only, since supported ECUs are also installed on machines from other manufacturers. Control options: RPM XX, base fuel supply XX, base fuel supply working mode, fan relay, air conditioner relay, diagnostic lamp, fuel relay. Supported ECU types: Mikas 7.6 / 10.3 Mikas 11(E2/E3) M 1.5.4(N), Jan 5.x Jan 7.x M 7.9.7(E2/E3) MP 7.0(E2/E3) Lanos 1.5 SOCH Lanos 1.
The pictured interface is generic VAG KKL cable.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
j_ds_au

Post by j_ds_au »

antus wrote:160 baud vs 8192 baud depends on the existence of the SXR communication chip. Most delcos use 8192, it was only (as far as I know) the 89-92 VN-VP commodore computers where the SXR chip was not populated and they bitbang 160 baud from the main operating system. None the less it may still be a 160 baud stream. There is no global standard for the payload in the data stream, so it will be difficult to figure out. If that pcm is supported by opcom and you can use it to monitor the stream that is a good approach. You may also be able to get some wins by looking for tables by eye in a hex editor, but to do that you need to be used to the platform and 80% of it is just having a feel for a size of table and its typical shape.
Well, the bit-bashed 160 baud ALDL data actually uses a pulse-width encoding scheme to distinguish 0's and 1's, not the usual UART type of encoding. It was also sent out via the check-engine light. Therefore, it would seem unlikely that any ECU with a UART and ALDL transceiver would chose to use 160 baud (instead of 8192). There simply wouldn't be any reason for doing so.

Joe.