ALDL LCD Display

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
vp304

Re: ALDL LCD Display

Post by vp304 »

Bump :)
Any updates on this ?
HoldenMad
cars: HG Premier, HQ windowless panelvan, VK injected 6 Berlina, VR S2 5ltr BT1, VS S3 Spac ute, VT 5ltr Calais

Post by HoldenMad »

vp304 wrote:Bump :)
Any updates on this ?
I'm with you especially at that sorta money and I'm defs going to need more than one. I defs cant help with any coding or anything but I'll gladly purchase a couple and help with testing etc on a range of vn-vt 5ltrs and buicks
Long live the mighty lion, King of the concrete jungle
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

My nephew could be interested in this for his 4Runner with vr v6 engine in it. It runs a standard 808 at the moment. The other option might be an android head unit and ALDLdroid? but I don't know if that will work on not with 12P/808 family.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
BennVenn
cars: R33 GTST, '60 Vw Bug, Express (4G63T), GW X200

Post by BennVenn »

Not a lot of progress on this project lately with work and then the flooding, most of our fences on the farm were washed away so that'll be a few weekends lost and the workshop is still under water. It's still going ahead though and I'll put an order in with our PCB and IC supplier and get a few dozen assembled.

Also something I'm working on is an open source ECU - not like a megasquirt or arduino based, more like something you'd expect from Haltech or Holley. Dual core 32bit ARM processor @ 240mhz, all the timing/triggers/angles handled by an FPGA, any trigger wheel pattern, number of injectors/coils etc. Looking for an ideal knock IC right now, though I'm thinking of handing this off to the FPGA's DSP core to make it more tunable (FFT etc). Some of the core code is running right now (emulating a 12P so I can use TunerProRT for tuning). TunerProRT is currently logging from the ECU at around 1300hz compared to around 7hz for an 808 with instant upload/download. I'll be focusing a lot on the self learn aspect too, flex fuel, timing based on knock etc. Next step is get a PCB made up that uses a 808 connector so I can start getting all the fueling code running. Probably best make a new thread if there's any interest.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

I love the sound of it, and I also like the solutions you've been coming up with to date. Im sure it'll be a great ecu. Just FYI there is also this project out there. You might be able to get some ideas or code from it (all open source, to avoid re-work) or work with them if you decide the work will be too much for one person to get the whole ecosystem going. It seems to tick a lot of the same boxes, including open source hardware and software, and not arduino based. https://github.com/rusefi/rusefi
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
vp304

Post by vp304 »

Damm yeah flooding has hit us hard down in Melbourne also
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i have a footprint for the 808 Delco connector if you need it, if you havent already drawn one up it might save you some time!
BennVenn
cars: R33 GTST, '60 Vw Bug, Express (4G63T), GW X200

Post by BennVenn »

Yes please, if its in eagle :-)

RusEFI has come a long way since I last looked into it! Shame about the price and no knock sensor, as it is now its not all that better than what an 808 can do with a coil pack driver mod.

More flooding to come over the next few days too if we can trust the weather man... How'd it down there?
vp304

Post by vp304 »

Yeah they said more rain coming from tomorrow
About 10km from me lot of peoples houses flooded etc
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

I use Altium but im sure i can export it into a format you can use!