Initial tune woes with new manifold and TB on my 355

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Initial tune woes with new manifold and TB on my 355

Post by vlad01 »

Yep, you want to up the injector rate at least double the % of your VE reduction so you not only rescale the VE table but add fuel in at the same time so you don't run out of VE again.

The way I do it is I scale down the current VE until it the max values are at 80-90%. Then pick an easy spot you can monitor the wideband at a steady state. Start upping the injector rate (either save and upload the tune or use emulation mode for real time updates with each increase to take immediate effect) Keep upping until the wideband matches the target AFR for that chosen VE area.

Then your VE and injector rate should be well in the ballpark. As you tune the VE from there just up/down the rate vs the VE scaling 1 to 1 as needed for fine scaling issues.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Mr DOHC
cars: VP Maloo

Post by Mr DOHC »

Ok. So I ended up having a Kinjflow of 0.108 or similar. For my max VE value around 80. Car is 95% tuned now. Just need to work out the little hole just off idle and how to work out the trip computer stuff so that’s accurate.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Sounds like you are on the right track now. Around idle, sometimes I do it manually due to the mentioned delayed negative feedback when using the calc VE.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.