Initial tune woes with new manifold and TB on my 355

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Mr DOHC
cars: VP Maloo

Initial tune woes with new manifold and TB on my 355

Post by Mr DOHC »

Hey,

So i have upgraded my bananas to a dual plane Edelbrock and Holley 1000CFM along with freshly built heads.
I reset my ECU back to the OSE12P 5L tune.
I updated my injectors to 0.069 Kinjflow as per the calculator, set the adjustable reg to 40PSI as thats where the Bosch green 440cc injectors are rated. (This is set with the vac line off, it drops to 30PSI at idle after i put the vac line back on)
I changed the WB setting to be 10.0 AFR at 0V and 20 an 5V in the VE Learn Params as i have a Spartan 2 WB kit.

So these injectors should be good for 600hp, this engine wont make more than 430-450 in its current state.

so the issues i'm having: So far all i'm doing is idling and then putting it into park and brining it up to around 1400 on the brake, just to get some load on it.
On the log at 13:40, i have 7% throttle, its at 48VE 1300rpm and only a measly 4.5%, its still running lean at 15.5:1 WITH a STFT of 13 extra fuel.
Fine, whatever, add more fuel, BUT, on my VE table, i have it set to 48ish. So what is that about. do i have some settings wrong?

Another one go to 13:48, whn i get off the throttle, the STFT goes to zero, but then it starts to go very lean, on the log it shows that goes to 45VE, on the VE 20-100 KPA map it shows it going to 90 VE and above.
Attachments
Maloo dual plane V5.02.BIN
(32 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
V2_1b.xdl
(714.01 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Initial tune woes with new manifold and TB on my 355

Post by vlad01 »

Firstly, are they genuine 440cc injectors? I went to a lot of effort to get mine and they were super expensive. like 90 each. Then confirmed the SNs of each with Bosch to make sure no counterfeits got into the supply chain. 99.9% of them are fakes on the market.

Secondly, did you fill the bias and adder data for them in the tune? I had The1 generate data for mine.

The injectors are rated at 43.5 PSI but are typically run at 50 PSI. Running them lower or higher than normal skews the bias and adder actual from measured. I would up it to 43.5.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Mr DOHC

Post by Mr DOHC »

I hope they are, i got them from Ti Performance for $550 for 8 of. There is only 1 site i can find to check the data and when i put the code in, it doesnt say anything.
Where did you check yours?

No i didnt, is that this data? if so, where does that go, in the "Injector bias add-on" https://www.tiperformance.com.au/wp-con ... 511446.jpg
Ok, i'll wind it up to 43.5 after.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

550 sounds genuine. They come in Bosch long little boxes with QR codes on them. Not sure if that data is usable or not but I have the tables that The1 did for me for the 808.

Next time I am at my desktop PC I will take a screen shot of the data and post it here.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

all the things vlad says are right. but the rate calculator is very theoretical and while its results are in the ballpark theyre not 100%. do set the opening times etc correctly, but also get the data from your wideband and do some light to medium pulls and look at the overall wideband vs target afr. if your always too lean, up the injrate a little. get it generally close for as much of the range as you can as a starting point. if you find your starting point is within 10% of calculated thats all good. if your more than 20% out look for other problems first.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Mr DOHC

Post by Mr DOHC »

What the name of the page where I put the opening times?
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

These are the tables you want to copy and fill into yours for the 440cc injectors.
Bosch 968 injector data-for 808.PNG
Bosch 968 injector data-for 808.PNG (20.27 KiB) Viewed 2637 times
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

adjust the cranking tables by the difference from stock injector size by percentage, too. The cranking tables are in milliseconds, and those tables dont use the configured injrate at all so need an update.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Good point. Can't recall the exact specs but I think the stock are about 200cc? I used the Lb figures to do mine. 42Lb vs 19.5Lb iirc. So should be about: Stock tables multiply but about 0.464.

Also, don't forget min BPW value. I found the stock one would always cause the engine to flood no matter what the other tables were when using bigger injectors. I think I set mine to 2ms or something where the stock was 6 point something ms and many of the cranking table values were below that, so it would flood and run like crap.
Mr DOHC

Post by Mr DOHC »

vlad01 wrote:These are the tables you want to copy and fill into yours for the 440cc injectors.
Bosch 968 injector data-for 808.PNG

oh thats awesome, thanks mate.

I think the stock ones are 190cc, 260 for the blue tops

@Antus, i'll have a look at the stock 215i and change mine to "half" of that

also Vlad, the min BPW. I cant see where i can change that.