nvram issues

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
spoolin4dayz

nvram issues

Post by spoolin4dayz »

I went to update my tune as I have many times in the past and it wouldn't update the tune ( kept failing).

now my car won't start and it won't connect to my laptop.
my engine light keeps flicking on and off and I can't do anything. I have put my old "flash based" ecu back in and it starts straight away.

I'm thinking something has gone wrong with the tune and it's basically locked me out of the chip.

is there anything I can do?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: nvram issues

Post by antus »

If you uploaded or changed the wrong thing, its probably crashed the nvram in a nasty way and caused it to be erased, and it'll need to put pulled out and have the stock bin file flashed back on in a stand alone programmer.
If the nvram chip on the module is older than about 8 years and you didnt do anything wrong you'll probably need to replace it with a new one with the original bin written in a standalone programmer. They're supposed to last 10 years, but we're finding its sometimes more, sometimes less depending on the life its had.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
spoolin4dayz

Post by spoolin4dayz »

yeah I had a feeling I corrupted the file. it's only about 2 months old bought from garreth on here.

looks like I will try and reflash the stock bin back on and see how it goes.

cheers for the help antus
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

You will need to do that with a EPROM burner.