spark not matching demand

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Kevspec
cars: Vs 215i grange

spark not matching demand

Post by Kevspec »

so just finished doing some tuning on a vr ss which has been fighting me the whole time with the car coming to me never running correct. Car make no power but looking at logs spark command vs what actually happens are 2 different things i cant see any correction tables to pull timing.

i have attached the bin and log for you guys to have a look and see
Attachments
Brett VR SS Fixed.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
vr ss.xdl
(13.84 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: spark not matching demand

Post by antus »

I dont know the answer, but looking at the changes from stock Im sus of the zeroing of the electronic spark control attack rate.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Have a look at the coolant spark subtraction table. The factory tunes take a fair bit of timing out at and above operating temp to prevent knock. Took me a little while to realize when I first started tuning. Also knock retard will take heaps out if that's active, especially if there is no sensor or knock filter aren't present, it will be pegged out at neg 12 deg all the time as a fail safe. To turn that off, you need to max out the ESC enable temp to 151c, using the ignore knock table doesn't work I found (appears to be a bug in 12P).
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Kevspec

Post by Kevspec »

Awesome thanks for the reply I will sus out all of that. As for the zero tables the tuned I sucked from this car was all sorts of weird but factory bin is bffm which is not listed
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

You might never be able to get it under control if someone has done something too crazy / wrong. Do try and test some things, but at some point getting a fresh 12P BLCF as a base and moving the obvious tables like VE, Spark, Injector related things in to that, and moving over the rest only as you confirm you need them might be the solution you need. I just took another look at the knock settings and a lot of values there are zero'd too. It cant be assumed that any thing can be zero'd without breaking things. Sometimes it is the case, but it does not apply to everything. You're better off maxing the "ESC Enable" scaler so its never enabled like Vlad suggested and leaving the rest stock incase it breaks things. Copying what you need to a new tune will be the simplest way to clean this stuff up.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Kevspec

Post by Kevspec »

okay i am happy to do that as everything does seem weird here so do you recommend the BLCF and start from there or doesnt really matter as long as it is a vr manual v8 file? Just had a look at the BLCF and its complete shambles as all the other bins 1st give away is cylinder count is 144 other give away is all the map scales are randomised ie 1 cell might be 20 next scale is 120 then following is 0
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Its both the best and only base tune for V8 provided with 12P. Its the most recent factory calibration for the 5L V8 and nothing changed to make it incompatible since the release of that engine. You have to start with the 12P BLCF base.
Kevspec

Post by Kevspec »

This File? when i load it with the 12p adx and xdf it looks so far from correct i dont understand how it could run. i have changed the esc and knock settings to trigger at 151c so will see how that goes
Attachments
BLCF5084.BIN
(32 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Get a fresh xdf from here and check again.
Forget ADX when looking at BIN's, they're just for logging.
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Get the ose12p package and use bins/xdf/adx from that. Use the FAQ link up in the top right (the green one) to find the thread with the download. Dont mix and match bins/xdf/adx that'll only cause problems.