crashed when selection acquire data

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Brendo
cars: Vn ss ls1
Vs s pack turbo ecotec

crashed when selection acquire data

Post by Brendo »

Hi guys, I've had quick look but couldn't find anything on my issue,
VS V6 with a NVram equipped 424 running 11P.
I'm able to connect to the vehicle and emulate fine but when selecting acquire data it thinks for a few seconds and then closes down tuner pro. Everything was working fine last week and then I started having issues with what I assumed was interference with the engine running and retrieving data, it was flashing red/blue every second or so, no issues with the ignition on and engine off. I have just purchased a new cable thinking this was the issue but unfortunately its exactly the same. I have had this working flawlessly for the last 6 months or so until now. Any ideas? cheers.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: crashed when selection acquire data

Post by antus »

If you run this at the same time it'll show you all the debug information from oseplugin. You could post a chunk of that here and it might help see whats going on. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sysin ... /debugview

A crash seems strange, even if the data stops I wouldnt expect a crash. Unless perhaps its stopping right at the start of reading the packet, timing out, then something odd is happening.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Brendo
Vs s pack turbo ecotec

Post by Brendo »

Thanks mate, ill give this a go.
Im also going to try and upload the adx again as i may have messed around with something and corrupted the one I'm using. I was trying to setup my aem wideband as its not reading correctly. Ill let you know how i go. Cheers
Brendo
Vs s pack turbo ecotec

Post by Brendo »

Im trting to figure out how to use the debug software, i am new to all this so bare with me.
I have found the windows error for the tuner pro app when it crashes and its coming up with an error code of c0000005 not sure if this helps you at all to my specific issue. I will try and get the debug software working and see if i can provide any further info. This is way above my knowledge base!! Cheers
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Its been a while since Ive used it but I dont think you need to do anything. You dont even install it. You can just click the "Run now from Sysinternals Live" and it downloads and exe and you run that. You just leave it open and it shows the system debug messages that are normally not going anywhere. It'll probably pick up some other debug messages going through your system too, but it'll mostly be oseplugin. That error code doesnt mean anything to me. It'll be some kind of communications error either crashing oseplugin (which being a tunerpro plugin crashes tunerpro), or the com port driver.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Brendo
Vs s pack turbo ecotec

Post by Brendo »

All sorted mate, i ended up reloading everything back onto my laptop but it was still the same. I then removed the laptop battery over night and it works perfectly again!! It was obviously something weird going on with my computer. Thanks for help mate. Cheers