PCM NVRAM not connecting

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
gasxp
cars: xp falcon

Re: PCM NVRAM not connecting

Post by gasxp »

Wiring to the car is working because i can put the mace engineering memcal back in and get live data on my snap on scan tool.
gasxp

Re: PCM NVRAM NOT CONNECTING

Post by gasxp »

Is their away to test the aldl cable. I thought i had read something in the FAQ section but cannot find it again.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

you can run putty from here https://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/la ... /putty.exe change it to serial, type COM1 (replace 1 with whatever com port it is on, which you have configured in oseplugin in tunerpro. Optionally change speed from 9600 to 8192 (both will work, its never an issue with speed, but 8192 is the speed ALDL runs at), and hit open. Then just hit a few keys on the keyboard. If you see them on the screen they've gone down the aldl interface to the aldl pin and echoed back to the pc. This shows its working. You'll need to have tunerpro closed else it can hold the port itself and block putty out which will invalidate the test.

Your description of what you are doing is not clear. 'following guides'... we know the guides are right, but we don't know if you've misunderstood part of the documentation, got something wrong, missing something etc. Its good that you are reading but we need specific details about what your doing with what files and how your burning it to be able to find your mistake. General information is insufficient to get to the root cause. Try telling us the exact bin file, screen shot of your programming software setup when you hit the write button, screen shot of your oseplugin configuration. You must have something wrong, but there is no detail for us to look in to.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
gasxp

Post by gasxp »

Ok got tunerpro to detect nvram on another laptop for about 5 minutes. Hardware was detected as 51he vsv6 at realtime. Now I am back to the same situation of tunerpro not detecting hardware when i try to connect.
The file I used was VS_V6_SC_$51_Enhanced_v1.0a.bin. I programmed it on a gq4x4 burner according the download/file.php?id=15163. Verified according to the instructions using http://mh-nexus.de/ tool with the result being both files are identical.
This time when i initially connected i could hit i could hit the initialise emulation button which brought up the yellow emulating square. When i tried to acquire data for the dash i had tps for a few seconds with multiple errors reporting at the bottom of the screen and the with DA box flashing blue the red continuously.
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

So this confirms the nvram is ok, the aldl is ok and the file you are loading is ok. And the software on your laptop has a problem.

How do you have echo set in the oseplugin? Is it turned on? It should be.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
gasxp

Post by gasxp »

I have had the echo setting both on and off with no difference. I am having the same problem on 2 laptops with software that was downloaded a few years apart, and on the current laptop I am using worked perfectly with another car and an ecm nvram.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

I have tried to contact him regarding my issues but so far have no responses.
That is a lie, I have responded to ALL of your messages!!
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
gasxp

Post by gasxp »

Gareth the last message I have from you in my inbox is on the 9th of may where you offered to burn the eprom for me. I have since sent 2 other messages which you have either not received or I have not received the replies.
I am not accusing anyone of anything, just trying to sort this issue out.
gasxp

Post by gasxp »

Ok so this seems to be a communication problem with the nvram when I want to go online with the dash. It will connect and log several errors, I can see data on the dash like tps which will change with movement but as soon as I crank the car I will receive large amounts of errors with DA flashing blue to red until the point that the program freezes. After reading the forums and other people having issues with vs v6 communications faults I have tried changing response time in the ftdi driver settings and also using oseplugin1.50. None of these have made any difference. Also, the RPM flashes to 179 whilst cranking or not.
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Re: PCM NVRAM not connecting

Post by antus »

What is 'several errors'? Please be specific with errors, otherwise I cant tell you if they are relevant or not. That latest oseplugin (v1.80) is fine. You don't need to change any FTDI settings, and changing this sort of stuff is likely to create more and stranger problems that we cant figure out as it was developed and tested with normal settings. You should only need to set up oseplugin with the right com port, car type (if relevant, you dont need it with no BCM and an engine transplant), and make sure echo is on.