PCM NVRAM not connecting

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
gasxp
cars: xp falcon

Re: PCM NVRAM not connecting

Post by gasxp »

where in tunerpro would i find the error list
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

You said it logs several errors when it connects. Maybe you didnt mean records them in a log somewhere?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
gasxp

Post by gasxp »

Attached is a screen shot of the error count I'm looking at - getting this during and after cranking the engine. This number appears at the bottom of the screen and just keeps getting bigger until the program freezes.
Attachments
tuner pro page full screen 2023-05-15.png
Tuner Pro Error 2023-05-15.png
Tuner Pro Error 2023-05-15.png (842 Bytes) Viewed 1095 times
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

My 2 cents

DA errors are usually caused by noise, as it is faulting whilst not running I'd say there is either an electric motor not correctly grounded in the vehicle (fan, fuel pump, etc..) or there is an issue with the USB cable/USB port/Laptop, etc...

Also, your screen shot shows you are using the wrong bin file, that is the non SC bin, not sure if the fact the ECU isn't right for that bin could be causing the issue?...
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

download/file.php?id=13074 is the correct file
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Not the SC XDF or ADX too. Specifically the mismatched ADX could be the fault. Use the matching BIN, XDF and ADX files from the VS SC zip together.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
gasxp

Post by gasxp »

Thanks Gareth. I know its the wrong file, we were trying things over the weekend.
gasxp

Post by gasxp »

Antus I was just trying as suggested in our discussions both files for the vs v6 enhanced files form the1. Currently it has the Na tune file installed with correct bin, xdf and adx to suit. I will now flash the s/c version back in and try again.
gasxp

Post by gasxp »

Tested tonight with s/c burned nvram,bin,xdf and ads to suit. No difference. I have tested with 2 different laptops, changed usb cable but only have 1 aldl device to use.
Is anyone able to confirm whether they have had a scan tool be able to communicate with an nvram. I have also downloaded the bin from the modified memcal that is currently in the car
to try and work out what its base operating system is but in the mecal id tool it comes up unknown. Without the live data it is making it really hard to work out why it wont run.
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Maybe try going completely different, like try reading the bin with this tool, same aldl interface. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=82 to rule out tunerpro config. You dont need to read the bin, but seeing if it will connect and read might be helpful. Post a screenshot of the config page of that tool if it doesnt work and we can confirm settings.