Struggling to unlock a BIN

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
BARBS
cars: LJ Torana
Injected, Turbo, NO2, 186

Struggling to unlock a BIN

Post by BARBS »

Hi all,

I am working on a mates car and struggling to get the damn thing to work!

All I want to do is remove the VATS, which I believe I have done right, but when I try to start the car it will fire and run for 1-2 seconds and die.

First thing I want to ensure is that I have the right XDF and stock BIN, from here I can try to work it out. Can anyone please assure me that when working with the 16210672 ECU I should be using the XDF and BIN seen in the pics?

Next thing I want to ensure is that when unlocking the VATS all I have to do is change state in the check box, or are there other parameters that need to be changed?

Regards,

Barbs
Attachments
XDF.png
XDF.png (4.1 KiB) Viewed 968 times
BIN.png
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Struggling to unlock a BIN

Post by antus »

So couple of seconds and then stop is a sign that vats isnt disabled. And $51D means its the fourth (D) variant of $51 and there is no XDF listed for it above the bin. Or it could be a checksum problem, or both. Change $51 to $AA at... is it $2008 in the file? to disable checksum. But It sounds more like VATS is on still.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396