GM TCM Checksum Calculation

American Delco GM ECUs and PCMs, ALDL, OBD 1.5.
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:52 pm

Re: GM TCM Checksum Calculation

Postby Cuongcoco » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:46 pm

antus wrote:The same ID is also here at the start of the file. Maybe were looking at a table of contents as well, at one or the other end.

i slip this file to 2 by segment fFFFFFFFFF, and check checksum for 1 segment, but it not calculated. i will try another way

Posts: 2674
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:16 pm
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: GM TCM Checksum Calculation

Postby VX L67 Getrag » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:07 am

Can you get a complete original file for that same software/calibration type... then you will know the only section that needs to be summed?

Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:52 pm

Re: GM TCM Checksum Calculation

Postby Cuongcoco » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:34 pm

VX L67 Getrag wrote:Can you get a complete original file for that same software/calibration type... then you will know the only section that needs to be summed?

this is complete of file I took from website and not edit anything
Attachments
TCM_diesel_2009.zip
(180.89 KiB) Downloaded 30 times

Posts: 2674
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:16 pm
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: GM TCM Checksum Calculation

Postby VX L67 Getrag » Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:07 pm

NOPE.... not a complete file just the same 3 zipped files you posted earlier with the .tbl file

need a complete binary file as it comes off the controller

Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:52 pm

Re: GM TCM Checksum Calculation

Postby Cuongcoco » Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:10 pm

VX L67 Getrag wrote:NOPE.... not a complete file just the same 3 zipped files you posted earlier with the .tbl file

need a complete binary file as it comes off the controller

isn't this one?
Attachments
FILE_20210103_201143_96625143.zip
(15.17 KiB) Downloaded 33 times

Posts: 2674
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:16 pm
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: GM TCM Checksum Calculation

Postby VX L67 Getrag » Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:37 pm

Nope still just a "PIECE" of the full binary

Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:52 pm

Re: GM TCM Checksum Calculation

Postby Cuongcoco » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:35 pm

VX L67 Getrag wrote:Nope still just a "PIECE" of the full binary

hi,
i can't find ecu file. i just edit calib file. like this short file
ff ff ff ff 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 79 0d 1f 2c a1
08 20 01 80 6b 28 41 42 ff ff 43 00 08 32 35 31
39 33 32 35 36 48 00 1d e2 00 04 b0 05 10 05 01
01 05 01 0f 05 0b 0d 0a 06 03 00 02 08 01 04 0c
0e 07 09 20 55 43 00 01 aa 43 00 01 33 43 00 01
cc 43 00 01 ee 43 00 01 11 43 00 01 f0 43 00 01
0f 43 00 12 10 00 0c 50 01 00 11 07 03 0c 4e 01
02 04 4c 1e c8 14 ff ff ff ff ff bf ff ff 54 ff
04 aa 55 ff ff
i realize 01 80 6b 28 is file name. and i compare it with same function another file . it difference 3 point : 79 1f 2c ( except file name). can you realize algorithm of this file ? thank you very much

Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:58 am

Re: GM TCM Checksum Calculation

Postby kostia111 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:28 pm

Cuongcoco wrote:
VX L67 Getrag wrote:Nope still just a "PIECE" of the full binary

hi,
i can't find ecu file. i just edit calib file. like this short file
ff ff ff ff 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 79 0d 1f 2c a1
08 20 01 80 6b 28 41 42 ff ff 43 00 08 32 35 31
39 33 32 35 36 48 00 1d e2 00 04 b0 05 10 05 01
01 05 01 0f 05 0b 0d 0a 06 03 00 02 08 01 04 0c
0e 07 09 20 55 43 00 01 aa 43 00 01 33 43 00 01
cc 43 00 01 ee 43 00 01 11 43 00 01 f0 43 00 01
0f 43 00 12 10 00 0c 50 01 00 11 07 03 0c 4e 01
02 04 4c 1e c8 14 ff ff ff ff ff bf ff ff 54 ff
04 aa 55 ff ff
i realize 01 80 6b 28 is file name. and i compare it with same function another file . it difference 3 point : 79 1f 2c ( except file name). can you realize algorithm of this file ? thank you very much


what exactly are you interested in in this short file?
it cannot be simply edited
it looks completely different in the device's memory

the checksum in this file is the most common
just a file in a different format

Previous

Return to US ALDL ECUs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest