BCM tune for speed limiter removal on GMC trucks

American Delco GM ECUs and PCMs, ALDL, OBD 1.5.
hidalga
cars: Ibiza 1.6, tiguan, audi a5

BCM tune for speed limiter removal on GMC trucks

Post by hidalga »

Is there any way to tune a BCM from the latest versions of GMC trucks to free the speed limiter? If so, any idea how I could start?
gmtech825

Re: BCM tune for speed limiter removal on GMC trucks

Post by gmtech825 »

latest version as in 2023 MY?
hidalga
cars: Ibiza 1.6, tiguan, audi a5

Post by hidalga »

Yes, any 2019+ GM BCM, I'm aware that there's a way to read the bin file, but I don't know if there's a checksum, seed/key algo, where should I look at so I can free the speed limiter
gmtech825

Post by gmtech825 »

seed/key algo is 5 byte 0x24. checksums are the first two bytes of the segment calculated by 16 bit big endian NOT of the whole segement excluding the first two bytes.

this only applies to the non global B vehicles I've looked at.
Gatecrasher

Post by Gatecrasher »

19-21 are Global A. I don't think the BCM in those has anything to do with speed limiters?
22+ are Global B / VIP, and effectively untouchable.
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

hidalga wrote:Yes, any 2019+ GM BCM, I'm aware that there's a way to read the bin file, but I don't know if there's a checksum, seed/key algo, where should I look at so I can free the speed limiter
Mind sharing where you saw that the bin file can be read?? I'd be interested in something like that..
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

ironduke wrote:
hidalga wrote:Yes, any 2019+ GM BCM, I'm aware that there's a way to read the bin file, but I don't know if there's a checksum, seed/key algo, where should I look at so I can free the speed limiter
Mind sharing where you saw that the bin file can be read?? I'd be interested in something like that..
Immo related tools will read and write them since they are designed to clone the BCms to copy security/key data to other BCMs :thumbup:
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

Tazzi wrote:
ironduke wrote:
Immo related tools will read and write them since they are designed to clone the BCms to copy security/key data to other BCMs :thumbup:
Thanks, I think I was a little too excited and assumed he meant something open source or at least somewhat inexpensive.. lol.. I have no need for this, just would like to see it for myself, lol..