1227165 ECU Questions

American GM ECUs and PCMs

Re: 1227165 ECU Questions

Postby Dylan » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:46 pm

Don't make it harder than it needs to be mate.
Log with wideband and steady driving and review the logs and adjust be table by using the monitor windows and watch target afr and actual wideband afr and adjust accordingly.

Happy to work with you on this if you wish.

Postby K1ng0011 » Thu May 10, 2018 10:03 am

Just another update to let you guys know I am alive and kicking. To be honest I was a little confused if I should tune with BLMs or using the wideband and the excel document. Well after tuning with both methods and reading on both I kind of have an idea. Basically I set the flag to force open loop in the bin. Then I go drive around and use the average wideband o2 reading and the calc ve in the historogram. The calc ve in the historogram is useful did not realize what it did before. In open loop the ecu is ignoring the narrowband o2. It is using the preprogrammed spark/fuel tables and you drive around with that with no corrections. Based on a few factors the ecu will go into closed loop randomly and then it will read the o2 sensor and make minor adjustments adding/removing fuel using the BLM(LTFT) and INT(STFT). I drove it on the highway earlier today all on open loop its not perfect but much better now that I am getting a better handle on how these things work. My low speed drivability issue I mentioned previously seems to have been caused in part by the throttle opening too quickly. Made it want to launch when I pressed the pedal down I added a return spring to help. Might be a way to tame that using tuning but I am not sure on that one. Also dealing with an issue where it goes pig rich as soon as I hit the pedal (10AFR). I am working between the VE and AE to try and get that to the 12.5AFR range. I will say that the stall saver is great for manual transmissions helps to keep from stalling when things are not tuned right and when your clutch/gas pedal work is less than perfect.

Postby delcowizzid » Thu May 10, 2018 10:23 am

If you have the steady state fuel tuned in just change the A/E (acceleration enrichment) settings its the same as the pump shot on a carby adds extra fuel when the throttle moves far enough to trigger a/e probably the source of the rich hit
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem

Previous

Return to US GM ECUs