Tune Chevy Camaro with Aussie $12P, NVRAM, & Comms

American Delco GM ECUs and PCMs, ALDL, OBD 1.5.
redcamaro

Re: Tune Chevy Camaro with Aussie $12P, NVRAM, & Comms

Post by redcamaro »

Holden202 wrote:it doesn't look like VSS settings are defined in the XDF....

my suggestion would be to get a gps or something and cruise along at a certain speed and adjust the vss in the tune till it matches the gps readings
That's what I thought, and it seems weird so thought I wasn't seeing it. The XDF does have other settings that relate to Vehicle Speed though?

The GPS is a good idea, I've seen that elsewhere. I will do that, but I don't know how to change data on the NVRAM with TP or Flashtool yet. Is there a thread on that somewhere that I haven't found yet?
redcamaro

Post by redcamaro »

Jayme wrote:the sensor in the VR is a 10 pulse per rev. from what ive read elsewhere the camaros usually use 4000 pulses per mile. so it would be about 2500 pulses per kilometer. try that and if the speed is still wrong do as holden202 suggested and fine tune the pulses per kilometer until the speed int he datalog matches reality. remembreing everyhting in the tune is set up for kph not mph

Yeah, I think the later (90-92) Camaros are 4000 PPMile, but mid 80's to 89 are 2000 PPM. PPM or PPKm depends on diff ratio & wheel circumference. i don't know BCLF VR wheel size, thinks diff is a 3.08:1?
redcamaro

Post by redcamaro »

iDouble post
Last edited by redcamaro on Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
redcamaro

Post by redcamaro »

Get this... when I removed the (narrow) O2 sensor I saw the seal was oval shaped, had a little leak.

Installed the wideband, and no other changes, the performance improvement was significant!!

Not sure if it's due to wideband alone, or leak fixed... but one things certain - the O2 sensor plays an important role and shouldn't be under estimated or overlooked.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

In TP press F10 when the PPK value is open and it shows the calc ..
Pulse/k = (1000/Circ in m) * Diff Gear * PPR

Example for a VR..
Gear Box Pulse Per Rev = 4
Diff Gear = 3.08
Tyre Rolling Circumference = 1.98m
Pulse/k = (1000/Circ in m) * Diff Gear * PPR = 6222
charlay86
cars: VT S1 SS (L67)

Post by charlay86 »

redcamaro wrote: I don't know how to change data on the NVRAM with TP or Flashtool yet. Is there a thread on that somewhere that I haven't found yet?
You'll need the OSE plugin to do realtime tuning, have a read of this thread : https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=590
redcamaro

Post by redcamaro »

charlay86 wrote: You'll need the OSE plugin to do realtime tuning, have a read of this thread : https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=590
I followed the the thread instructions but it seems there are numerous issues with the software. It doesn't appear to be stable yet.

My connection is like described in this thread https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopi ... 202#p24178

Flashtool doesn't connect either, or I don't know how to make it work.
charlay86
cars: VT S1 SS (L67)

Post by charlay86 »

There are lots of guys using it successfully.
Can you log without having to ground pin D11?
redcamaro

Post by redcamaro »

Can use it, but it's way off being useable. It's Win based too... sleeping with dogs begets fleas.

Can only log with pin D11 grounded, put a toggle on it. When it's open TP is static, flick the switch and data starts to flow.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

instead of whinging about it how about you describe whats actually going on and attach a copy/paste of the flashtool log area.