Tune Chevy Camaro with Aussie $12P, NVRAM, & Comms

American Delco GM ECUs and PCMs, ALDL, OBD 1.5.
delcowizzid

Re: Tune Chevy Camaro with Aussie $12P, NVRAM, & Comms

Post by delcowizzid »

is your aldl cable connected to pin A8 of the ecu and are you using standard ose$12p ADX not the special one vl400 linked in this thread that needs A11 earthed.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
redcamaro

Post by redcamaro »

Jayme wrote:instead of whinging about it how about you describe whats actually going on and attach a copy/paste of the flashtool log area.
Will do... as soon as I replace the laptop which dropped on concrete and died yesterday... While I was friggin' around with dodgy software ;)
redcamaro

Post by redcamaro »

delcowizzid wrote:is your aldl cable connected to pin A8 of the ecu and are you using standard ose$12p ADX not the special one vl400 linked in this thread that needs A11 earthed.
I'll check this, but would say yes to the serial data pin (A8) and yes, but I'll do it again and itemise the process - then update this post.

PS: I think you meant D11.
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

There's nothing dodgy with the software, there are plenty of us here using it without a problem. Typical problems are user error, wrong setup, dodgy wiring, etc.
Given that you're using a 165 ECU, home made ALDL and have modified the wiring from MAF to MAP, there are plenty of opportunities for problems. Everybody on this forum is DIY enthusiast trying to help each other out. Maybe you should consider a "professional" package like kalmaker where you buy the lot as a kit.

Yoda69
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

yoda69 wrote: Maybe you should consider a "professional" package like kalmaker where you buy the lot as a kit.

and still bash your head against a wall LOL
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
redcamaro

Post by redcamaro »

delcowizzid wrote:
yoda69 wrote: Maybe you should consider a "professional" package like kalmaker where you buy the lot as a kit.

and still bash your head against a wall LOL

:wall: Ditto !!!
redcamaro

Post by redcamaro »

yoda69 wrote:There's nothing dodgy with the software, there are plenty of us here using it without a problem. Typical problems are user error, wrong setup, dodgy wiring, etc.
Given that you're using a 165 ECU, home made ALDL and have modified the wiring from MAF to MAP, there are plenty of opportunities for problems. Everybody on this forum is DIY enthusiast trying to help each other out. Maybe you should consider a "professional" package like kalmaker where you buy the lot as a kit.
Yes there is. Just because we're using it doesn't mean it's useable.
redcamaro wrote: ... or I don't know how to make it work.
The entire wiring harness has been reconstructed from scratch, and modified. It's still being modified - and, it's still a 'prototype'. Indeed "there are plenty of opportunities for problems". I'm a DIY enthusiast too, appreciatively accepting suggestions and doing my bit. The setup is as learned from these forums. "Maybe you should consider" being more realistic, and not make it so personal.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

mate there is nothing personal about it. you still havent stopped whinging about dodgy software and given us the flashtool log yet. being that you havent had any sort of 2 way communication thats probably your issue. until you can log with the normal adx and not by grounding the pin on the ecu then the flashtool isnt going to work
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

Others are using it without problems, it would therefore suggest that it is either a Hardware problem or Software configuration problem at your end.

There are 2 places where the Echo setting can be set, one for the OSE Plugin and the other in the ADX.
My suggestion at this stage would be to try and get logging working first and not use the OSE Plugin at this stage, once logging is working can then change setting to sort out OSE plugin, but if logging won't work, neither will the OSE Plugin or Flashtool.

Open TP5 - Tools - Preferences and then select the "Data Acq./Emulation "
On the "Data Acquistion and logging" side, select "Use Plugin" in the first dropdown box and "TunerPro Data Acq....." in the second.
Click on Configure Plugin component, select "Standard Serial" and then select the COM port for your USB/Serial. Check in Windows Control Panel to ensure you have the right USB/Serial COM port, I find on my computers if I plug the USB cable in a different USB port that it assigns it different COM port numbers.
Ignore the test for valid interface settings, I've never had it work, may need to be connected to a vehicle.
Click "Apply"

Load the ADX "OSE_$12PV111_1BAR - Petrol.adx"
Try logging (ensure ignition is on, car does not need to be started), hopefully you have "Connected" come up at the bottom of the TP 5 window.
If the data appears jumbled, edit the ADX and change the setting for RS232 Echo to the opposite of what is there and try again, in the image below it is unticked. Different USB/Serial adapters require different settings, will all depend on your hardware.
ADX.jpg
ADX.jpg (95.67 KiB) Viewed 6790 times
If this doesn't get it logging need to check all hardware and wiring, as the software side of things should now be set up correctly.

Good Luck,
yoda69
redcamaro

Post by redcamaro »

Jayme wrote:mate there is nothing personal about it. you still havent stopped whinging about dodgy software ...
is personal...
yoda69 wrote:There's nothing dodgy with the software, there are plenty of us here using it without a problem. Typical problems are ...
vehemently defending dodgy software, taking constructive criticism personally, justifying the status quo instead of accepting negative feedback and trying to make it better. flaming anyone who dares say anything negative about dodgy software.
yoda69 wrote: Everybody on this forum is DIY enthusiast trying to help each other out.
read, patting each other on the back.
yoda69 wrote: Maybe you should consider a "professional" package ...
that's personal too! a nice way of saying 'get lost'.
yoda69 wrote:... need to check all hardware and wiring, as the software side of things should now be set up correctly.

Good Luck,

yoda69
finalising topic and reinforcing earlier 'get lost statement' with a goodwill gesture like farewell and 'bon voyage' i.e. "Good Luck" - confirming also that the software should be set up correctly.

Initially I noticed that Tunerpro was crashing frequently when trying to setup the software correctly. This is detailed somewhat in https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopi ... 0&start=10
Last edited by redcamaro on Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:45 am, edited 3 times in total.