350 TPI corvette help?

American Delco GM ECUs and PCMs, ALDL, OBD 1.5.
Squiggs
cars: LN106 Hilux, 5Litre & 4l60e

1975 XB GS Ute

350 TPI corvette help?

Post by Squiggs »

Hi guys, I picked up a car yesterday and it has a 350 TPI and 4 speed auto in it (82-84 from memory).. it has this vehicles factory ignition barrel in it to start it but also has the one from the corvette in the dash (he said it needed the coded key from the corvette to run) but has lost the key for it.. can the pcm be tuned to run without the corvette key? I haven't had much of a chance to look at it yet but will get pcm number when I get a chance..
Powered by the Generals bent 8...
Squiggs

1975 XB GS Ute

Re: 350 TPI corvette help?

Post by Squiggs »

When I did the 5 litre conversion on my hilux I got a bypass kit from Mark's 4wd that eliminates the bcm and security junk.. could the same be done for this conversion?
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

You can likely mod the memcal to remove VATS, but the VATS on some early US delco cars is a resistor! Can get these cheaply on eBay.

Confirm it with the ECU part number but that may be the easiest option if you do not have a UV eraser and burner.
monaro308
cars: VT S1 LS1 C/dore track car
HJ GTS Monaro Coupe
CV8 V2 S3
VE SSV

Post by monaro308 »

I think I read ages ago like VL400 said,a resistor of the correct ohm is used that bypasses the slip ring in the ignition.
You can buy kits but its just a resistor in a pretty box.
Google is your friend
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

If you post up the memcal number (i think it'll still be 4 letters on a memcal) that can be googled to get more information. The service number would help, too. It probably will be a really basic system like VL400 mentioned.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Squiggs

1975 XB GS Ute

Post by Squiggs »

vs ss
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1

Post by vs ss »

Hi just a small bit of info, Ok so if I'm correct that pcm is out of a 90-91 corvette with pass key security.
Now you can do the vats bypass by using resisters or if you want to remove it all together you will have to remove vats from the memcal( unless you can make a 30hz generator to trick the pcm)and I do believe this site has a xdf to suit the 730. I don't know if this is something you can do yourself but I'm sure there is someone on here that can help you out.

Ps even after removing vats from the memcal you will still need to rewire the starter relay to allow cranking, but if you use the resistor method all the rest doesn't need to be touched.With the info I have BAUB code on the computer is originally fitted to a 3.1l v6???can someone confirm this.
Anyway just throwing some ideas around someone else should be along to help a bit more than me. Cheers mike.
Squiggs

1975 XB GS Ute

Post by Squiggs »

Cheers for the help guys,

So far i have found it should be running $8D and an AUJP or S_AUJP bin.

I have managed to download an 8D xdf but still cant get an ads/adx or a bin..

Im trying to get them off gearhead forum but am still waiting to be activated so i can download...

Anyways, can i still run and tune this with an nvram and aldl? the vehicle has an obd2 port wired in...

Would 8D be ok for realtime or can it be copied over to 11p or 12p?