Delco/GM chip documentation

American Delco GM ECUs and PCMs, ALDL, OBD 1.5.
afgun
cars: 06 gto

Delco/GM chip documentation

Post by afgun »

Hi. I'm trying to find a document that I saw a couple of years ago and foolishly forgot to save. It mentioned bits to be programmed in a register (I believe on the 411) to set up the PCM for 8x, 24x or Northstar signals.

I've traced the CKP input to a chip labeled 11124 (it's a Delco) and of course I can't find a datasheet anywhere for it.

Has anyone seen the document that I am recalling, and know if a copy can be had?

Thanks!
Highlander
cars: Z06

Re: Delco/GM chip documentation

Post by Highlander »

Did you ever find anything about this?
afgun

Post by afgun »

Unfortunately, not yet, though I keep digging...
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Unfortunately I cant help with what your looking for but I can like some perhaps interesting info about Delco branded chips.

http://www.eevblog.com/forum/beginners/ ... r-ics-etc/

I'll also attach an EIA PDF which shows General Motors / Hughes Electronics -> Kokomo -> is 466 (source: davelevasseur.com)

You'll see 466 on all the Delco branded chips. Unfortunately there is no public list (that I am aware of) to convert these back to regular part numbers. There are also many "delco 466" datasheets on the internet. Clearly these are all mislabeled :thumbdown:
Attachments
1994 EIA Source and Date Code Book Scanned Images.pdf
(7.43 MiB) Downloaded 527 times
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
afgun

Post by afgun »

It's definitely a Delco chip...
12200411_board.jpg
I am kicking myself for not saving that document. It basically said that the chip is initialized over the SPI and a couple of the bits set it up in 4X, 24X or Northstar mode.