Help reset 0411

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
neruve

Re: Help reset 0411

Post by neruve »

kojab wrote:If you disconnected the 12 Volt supply from the PCM before the full flash mode" had completed you will lose total communication to the PCM. It's toast unless you lift the flash chip and reprogram it.
I didn't do that. I closed to pc utility after it said the flash was complete, then I tried to connect to it with antus program to change the vin and it wouldn't connect. Then I tried the original program and then HP tuners and nothing would communicate. Then I disconnected power to put it away for the day.

I was doing this on a bench harness. Power was tested at 12.4v.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

The file you uploaded has a bunch of identifying information missing from the param block. I wouldnt expect this to cause any problems but if someone (kojab?) pulls the chip and reads it back i'd be interested to see whats on there as a post mortem.

Im tempted to try the same full flash on my pcm on the bench here but as I dont have a spare that might be asking for trouble.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
neruve

Post by neruve »

I guess that's what I get for trusting a bin from someone on another forum...
neruve

Post by neruve »

since I'm in the US shipping it back and forth to Sydney won't really be worth it.
kojab
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla

Post by kojab »

Well spotted antus. It did not cross my mind (getting old) to look at that block. If they are the only things missing I would imagine a BCM re-link might at least get the engine running. This would confirm if the OS is intact. There should have been some warning to alert neruve that this info is missing. I am not sure what tool he used to do the full reflash.

If the OS is intact I have tools here to fix the missing info without lifting the chip.
neruve

Post by neruve »

kojab wrote:Well spotted antus. It did not cross my mind (getting old) to look at that block. If they are the only things missing I would imagine a BCM re-link might at least get the engine running. This would confirm if the OS is intact. There should have been some warning to alert neruve that this info is missing. I am not sure what tool he used to do the full reflash.

If the OS is intact I have tools here to fix the missing info without lifting the chip.
I may ship it out to you if you wanna but I probably won't want it back. It would be about 35.00 bucks to get it to you and probably the same or more to get it back. I can get a whole ecu for about 30-40 bucks from the scrapyards here.
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

neruve wrote:I may ship it out to you if you wanna but I probably won't want it back. It would be about 35.00 bucks to get it to you and probably the same or more to get it back. I can get a whole ecu for about 30-40 bucks from the scrapyards here.
I wish they were only $30 over here! :lol:
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

lol yeah get a few and send them to us
:D
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

He means the postage!

It might be worth trying a pcm recover with tunercat if you can - if the bootloader is working that'll probably fix it. But it does sound clearly dead.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
neruve

Post by neruve »

antus wrote:He means the postage!

It might be worth trying a pcm recover with tunercat if you can - if the bootloader is working that'll probably fix it. But it does sound clearly dead.
I would try this if if I had tunercat. All I have is the avt-852 cable. I was using dimented24x7 flash tool from thirdgen.org