Help reset 0411

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
neruve

Help reset 0411

Post by neruve »

I hope someone here can help out. I was using dem-24/7's tool to flash an 0411 and I didn't read the instructions properly I guess and I think I may have bricked the ECU.

I though I read somewhere you could do a manual reset on the ECU inside. Does anyone know how to do this. I have had it apart to paint the case before so that's not an issue. Would just like to know if there is anyway to revive it.

I did the full flash on it, and then disconnected before exiting flash mode. So now nothing can communicate with it.
kojab
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla

Re: Help reset 0411

Post by kojab »

The flash chip will have to be removed and re-flashed with a eprom burner and then soldered back onto the main board. There is no reset procedure to fix this 0411.

If you are in Sydney I can do it for you.
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

neruve wrote:I hope someone here can help out. I was using dem-24/7's tool to flash an 0411 and I didn't read the instructions properly I guess and I think I may have bricked the ECU.

I though I read somewhere you could do a manual reset on the ECU inside. Does anyone know how to do this. I have had it apart to paint the case before so that's not an issue. Would just like to know if there is anyway to revive it.

I did the full flash on it, and then disconnected before exiting flash mode. So now nothing can communicate with it.
Doesn't sound like it was a successful flash by the sounds of it?
I imagine the "exit flash mode" is simply sending the basic mode 20 command to the ECU to tell it to return to normal communication?. May need to consult dem on what exactly the exit flash mode does to be certain.
Are you sure the operating system you flashed to the ECU was supported??

Always wanted to see if a clip-on solution to the chip would be possible, could be a good time for you to look into it.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

On that, is that app compatible with our OS's? I'm under the impression it is.
I can see some good potential for us Aussies if it is. There's an XDF Antus has started for our VY commodore code.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Yes it is compatible with the 512mbit '0411 pcm regardless of OS (aussie or usa). The gotcha is the AVT interface, but if you can wear the cost and the ADX has enough defined for you then you can do it and log with Jaymes ls1 ADX (including wideband in the data stream if you have the AVT with the analog input). Having said that I have an idea there might be some more options in late 2016 so if your not in a hurry...
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Can't wait. I'm keen for a non "commercial" option for the 0411. I can appreciate the effort and costs and would be happy with a one off outlay but I find the VIN licensing crap myself.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

As for this thread, i dont think it would have bricked from the lack of disconnect. What file did you upload? I suspect it might have been something that cant run the computer. A compressed archive (zip) or proprietary format like tun or hpt maybe? It needs to be a bin file of a compatible operating system (OSID) and should be 512kb in size.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

antus wrote:As for this thread, i dont think it would have bricked from the lack of disconnect. What file did you upload? I suspect it might have been something that cant run the computer. A compressed archive (zip) or proprietary format like tun or hpt maybe? It needs to be a bin file of a compatible operating system (OSID) and should be 512kb in size.
Recon your spot on Ant.
.tun file or incompatible OS.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
neruve

Post by neruve »

It is a 0411 out of a 2001 Blazer 4.3L. I had flashed a .bin file for an 01 firebird 5.7 m6. The flash did complete according to the program. However, I can't get anything to connect to it. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow.

I have attached the exact file I flashed to it.
2001 WS6 Man 12202088.bin
(512 KiB) Downloaded 437 times
kojab
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla

Post by kojab »

There is nothing wrong with the OS (operating system) in the bin you have attached. We use the same OS in our early LS1 VT series 2 commodores in Australia.

In your first post you wrote "I did the full flash on it, and then disconnected before exiting flash mode. So now nothing can communicate with it."

If you disconnected the 12 Volt supply from the PCM before the full flash mode" had completed you will lose total communication to the PCM. It's toast unless you lift the flash chip and reprogram it.