Hotrod convertion

American Delco GM ECUs and PCMs, ALDL, OBD 1.5.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Hotrod convertion

Post by antus »

Ive just added an entry to the FAQ for this, its hard to find as you might expect it to be a single scalar but its a table which allows different target idle by battery voltage. Also it does not have the word idle in it which makes searching lets say less effective.

Look for the tables "IAC - Desired RPM in Drive Vs Battery voltage", "IAC - Desired RPM in Park/Neutral Vs Battery voltage" and "IAC - Desired RPM for manual trans Vs Battery voltage" and set as appropriate. Note that temperature also makes a slight difference, so its best to set this up when the engine is warm.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
cvan1939
cars: 1948 ford v8pilot
1939chev panel van

Post by cvan1939 »

Whenever I connect up I can only log with Tunerpro RT it doesn't allow for real time tuning to make changes I have to use the flash tool is there something that I have missed.
Charlie
cvan1939
1939chev panel van

Post by cvan1939 »

Yep worked that out the car was running yesterday drove it 20ks from home turn it off then would not start trailered it home re loaded the bin now the fuel pump doesn't run at key on or after cranking when oil pressure comes upI mus have changed something checked the fuses got no power to pump
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

So you have oseplugin installed and configured?

Strange that it died. It sounds like you werent doing and tuning, live or bin upload? If so it would have to be something physical. Hard to debug from here. Can a pc talk to it and does the cel still flash codes? Or has the pcm completely died?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
cvan1939
1939chev panel van

Post by cvan1939 »

sunday log 0004.xdl
(48.68 KiB) Downloaded 328 times
sundaylog 003.xdl
(130.95 KiB) Downloaded 351 times
Had no power to the fuel pump so remove the drivers seat to check the relay what do you know there is power at the relay. What now hit the starter and its running idling sort of just for curiosity took the hose off the break booster and the revs increased and smoothed out so did a couple of logs one without the vacuum hose on and one with it hooked up when I up load an attachment and place them in line it puts them at the beginning instead of at the end
Charlie
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Revs increasing makes sense. Still havnt verified the IAC solenoid?
cvan1939
1939chev panel van

Post by cvan1939 »

Hi well took the iac out the stepper was working started the car with the iac out it idled the same removed the brake vacuum hose and as usual it picked up revs I plugged the iac in and started the car ad the plunger shot out now need reverse it back in. While it was running I blocked the iac hole with my finger there was very little vacuum there I still have the throttle stop wound in to make it idle. I think I need to reduce the idle fuel.
Charlie
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

If it shot out while running it's trying to reduce the rpm. Was it idling above target?
cvan1939
1939chev panel van

Post by cvan1939 »

Probably as I still have the idle screw wound in if I wind it back it stalls how can I reduce the idle fuel it's too rich it's fuelling up the longer I let it idle the worse it gets with the vacuum hose on and the iac out it runs the same there is very little vacuum at the iac hole. I took the air cleaner off and put my hand over the induction pipe and very little vacuum there as well I can't see why it's not getting enough air.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Get the map reading at idle and reduce the ve in that cell. Say 40kpa 800rpm 40%VE.
Check the timing in the idle timing table put it in the high 20's and match it up in the main spark table too.

Get yourself a wideband takes all the guess work out of it.