LQ4 stock bin read

American Delco GM ECUs and PCMs, ALDL, OBD 1.5.
delcowizzid

LQ4 stock bin read

Post by delcowizzid »

just sucked this out of an engine conversion while deleting vats if anyones interested
lq4 truck read.bin
(512 KiB) Downloaded 398 times
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
PirateLowRider

Re: LQ4 stock bin read

Post by PirateLowRider »

What tools did you use to delete VATS and read/write the ECM?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Tunercat obd2
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
PirateLowRider

Post by PirateLowRider »

Ok so I looked at a few tuning programs, EFILive, HP Tuners, and TunerCat. EFI and HP kind of turned me off with their restrictive/expensive licensing schemes, but TunerCat's outdated website and lack of clear info on whether my 03-06 ECMs are supported made me think that it was a poor option -- not to mention there's no indication of whether they do licensing costs.

Do you have experience with the other programs in relation to TunerCats and whether TC is a viable option? My use case is really just a couple of cars for now and I'd like to have backup ECMs to play with, but that doesn't seem possible without shelling out more money to HP Tuners.
PirateLowRider

Post by PirateLowRider »

I ended up getting HP Tuner, which it seems can dump bins without needing a license for the vehicle. Are there low-cost tools that can write full bins to ECUs?

I know this is OT but from what I gather, HP Tuners uses ALDL to communicate with the ECU, and I do see some info on here regarding ALDL but LS1 seems to always be referenced. Would an LQ4 ECM be supported by these ALDL tools?