BCM Programmer / Programming / Possible?

American Delco GM ECUs and PCMs, ALDL, OBD 1.5.
DiMora Motorcar
cars: 5 Vicci 6.2 4 LS3 1 LSA w/6L80E

BCM Programmer / Programming / Possible?

Post by DiMora Motorcar »

My name is Anthony Masters and I work for DiMora Motorcar (Dimoramotorcar.com) We build custom cars from the ground up. We are using a 2010 Camaro BCM with eRod LSA/LS3 engine packages (e67 ECU) (6l80E Transmission) and need to customize it to our needs. Does anyone have any experience with this? Can the BCM code / cal be changed? We would like to eliminate a lot of the code / calibration relating to modules and functions we are not using. We would like to eliminate being held hostage to GMs costly subscription plans when we cant even mod the BCMs.

We don't mind learning the route to doing it ourselves but would like to Pay/Hire someone that's got it figured out NOW!

Anyone up to the task?

This has been an ongoing headache that needs a different than OEM mindset if you know what I mean.

Thank you in advance,

Contact me at:
Anthony Masters
DiMora Motorcar
Lead tech
760 534 2937
Anthonymasters07@gmail.com
MAGP
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

Re: BCM Programmer / Programming / Possible?

Post by MAGP »

Why not consider a standalone like Megasquirt, or Link, or Haltech, just to name a few in a field of hundreds?
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

DiMora Motorcar wrote:My name is Anthony Masters and I work for DiMora Motorcar (Dimoramotorcar.com) We build custom cars from the ground up. We are using a 2010 Camaro BCM with eRod LSA/LS3 engine packages (e67 ECU) (6l80E Transmission) and need to customize it to our needs. Does anyone have any experience with this? Can the BCM code / cal be changed? We would like to eliminate a lot of the code / calibration relating to modules and functions we are not using. We would like to eliminate being held hostage to GMs costly subscription plans when we cant even mod the BCMs.

We don't mind learning the route to doing it ourselves but would like to Pay/Hire someone that's got it figured out NOW!

Anyone up to the task?

This has been an ongoing headache that needs a different than OEM mindset if you know what I mean.

Thank you in advance,

Contact me at:
Anthony Masters
DiMora Motorcar
Lead tech
760 534 2937
Anthonymasters07@gmail.com
Requires a tonne of reverse engineering, custom tools/software and alot of work to decipher and inject custom calibrations into any of GM's modules (BCMs, EBCM, Cluster, radios ect). Things like that are usually only found with large companies that dedicate themselves to providing custom implementations for imported cars to make them work correctly (Ie. Left hand drive to right hand drive vehicles and modifying cals in BCM/Cluster ect to believe the old passenger door is actually now the drivers door!).

The faster option.. is probably do do exactly what MAGP said. :thumbup:
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
MrWillys
cars: 1955 Willys CJ5 L98 350
2001 Ford F150
2004 Corvette 6 spd

Post by MrWillys »

I don't fully understand why you would want to incorporate the body control module into a swap? Why not just send the PCM to Wayne and be done with it?

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/motor-tr ... -life.html
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

MrWillys wrote:I don't fully understand why you would want to incorporate the body control module into a swap? Why not just send the PCM to Wayne and be done with it?

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/motor-tr ... -life.html
More than likely to maintain any comfort items like windows, locking ect.
DiMora Motorcar

The only other BCM that would suite our needs that frees us from GMs subscription service and has the ability to interface with all GM controls (2010 Camaro) is the ISIS system. By the time we buy all the modules needed for the ISIS system your looking at an easy $2000 compared to the Camero BCM at $300. Our main problem is the Camaro BCM Calibration is looking for a lot of modules we are not using and is kinda problematic when it comes to going into sleep mode. Some days it goes to sleep, some days you have a dead battery. We are also trying to retain the ability for any GM mechanic, anywhere in the world to be able to plug into the OBD2 with a Tech2 and easily diagnose the problem. Also the look of the Camaro BCM is more of a big 3 look and not as intimidating as the ISIS system looks at first sight. The ISIS system is awesome but pricey for a limited run of 50 cars, looks too aftermarket and is not easily serviceable half way around world. Unacceptable for a Million dollar rolling art car.

These cars are sold in art gallerys in China.

(http://www.dimoramotorcar.com/viccispecs.html) and (http://www.highline-autos.com/article/2 ... a-Vicci-62)
DiMora Motorcar

I checked out Waynes site and it appears that he just does ECM and TCM trans programming along with wiring harnesses. We have all that done and the ability to program the above modules.

Thanks for the reply tho...
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

DiMora Motorcar wrote:I checked out Waynes site and it appears that he just does ECM and TCM trans programming along with wiring harnesses. We have all that done and the ability to program the above modules.

Thanks for the reply tho...
The BCM is the one that tells the rest of the cars modules to go to sleep, its also the one that wakes everything up on ignition.
If the BCM doesnt 'see' a module on the communication line, it might set a fault indicating "XYZ module not detected" but it shouldnt prevent its ability to function.

If the car is a completely custom design.. have you double checked the wiring is correct? Since I can wakeup/put to sleep the GM (holden VE and VF) BCM's on bench with asbolutely nothing else connected. When things like clusters/radios are connected, they will wakeup or go to sleep when the BCM does.

What other modules are connected in the car? When you turn the key off, there can be a "curtsy" timer that keeps some things active for a short time, have you tried waiting 10mins and checking the amps consumption from the car?
If its high, you should be able to easily go round the car unplugging the main modules to see which one is being greedy. :thumbup:
MrWillys
cars: 1955 Willys CJ5 L98 350
2001 Ford F150
2004 Corvette 6 spd

Post by MrWillys »

I still don't understand why you need a BCM? To use the factory system it could be extracted from salvaged vehicles so it thinks it is in the original vehicle. With such a high end vehicle though, $1700 seems like chump change really!
Antwon
cars: vx ss. 80 series daily, vk ls1 (project)

Post by Antwon »

hi by any chance does anyone have a copy of the ve bcm pinouts ? chasing a copy to fix a harness for a ve 6l