1227165 Running 12P for a GM 2.5L Iron Duke with Turbo

American Delco GM ECUs and PCMs, ALDL, OBD 1.5.
Mark_ZZ3
cars: S10's with TPI
S10 with '165 turbo 4 cyl
TPI Camaro

Re: 1227165 Running 12P for a GM 2.5L Iron Duke with Turbo

Post by Mark_ZZ3 »

Charlescrown wrote:It's not the base timing it's the spark reference angle. From my collection of notes Hall Effect are different for 4,6 and 8 cylinders but Inductive use 10 degress for them all. I have no idea what it is and how it changes the running of the engine. maybe someone a bit smarter can elaborate.
Ok ... then I misunderstood this setting. It did run on 90 with the old setup. And this setup ... I set it at 8 ... but maybe it has to be 10? Curious what the impact of the reference angle is. Hmm.

From reading ... base timing and reference should be ok. essentially cancel each out and then add timing from the table? If true, then my timing will be low. I can confirm with timing light.

Mark.
Mark_ZZ3
cars: S10's with TPI
S10 with '165 turbo 4 cyl
TPI Camaro

Re: 1227165 Running 12P for a GM 2.5L Iron Duke with Turbo

Post by Mark_ZZ3 »

antus wrote:Im well late to this but if you can post a bin and a log I think that'll help with diagnosis.
This is the latest BIN. Has force open loop ... but otherwise similar to what I have been working with. VE and spark at idle are pretty flat as my starting point. No test drivces.

Log file is the one where BLM cell changes, and then O2 drops. RPM the same. I have no closed loop time to establish BLM.

I didn't have the wideband wired into the ECM this day ... I do in other logs, but I forced open loop to try and sort out things.

Mark.
PS. This the first week of tuning ... still lots and lots to do.
Attachments
rat may 3 5.xdl
(402.64 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
Merc 2.0 May 5 2022.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 129 times