1227165 ECU Questions

American Delco GM ECUs and PCMs, ALDL, OBD 1.5.
delcowizzid

Re: 1227165 ECU Questions

Post by delcowizzid »

And you are adjusting the injector bpc the wrong way to lean it out try 0.128 that's 22lb injectors on 712cc cylinders for 5.7L or 0.118 for 24lb
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
K1ng0011
cars: 1972 Camaro Base Model

Post by K1ng0011 »

Alright I will try and lower injector bpc. I guess I had it backwards and was putting in more fuel. We will see if that will have any effect next time I can test it. My injector part numbers are below. I have been looking to see if I could find the data online for the two following injector fields for pulse width and voltage but I cannot find any for my injector part number. The closest thing I could find is voltage information that someone found by testing the injectors. I am off this weekend and will probably do more work on it on Sunday. I am being held up by work again. I feel that I am close though and grateful for everyone's help. If I have to I can get a fuel injector set with known voltages and pulse width information.

https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum/6 ... chart.html

Injector - Injector bias add-on vs Injector pulse width (shows miliseconds vs ms)
Injector - Injector bias vs Battery Voltage (Volts vs ms)

19# injectors
0-280-155-746
K1ng0011

Post by K1ng0011 »

I have been doing a little research at work. I found that the Injector - Injector Bias vs Battery Voltage in the current bin I am using is different than the only settings I could find for these injectors. I found someone on a porsche forum using these injectors and found the voltage vs ms settings they were using. I am not sure how much changing the pulse ms for the voltage can make a difference but this looks like it might be worth a try.

https://rennlist.com/forums/attachment. ... 1358257415

Current Bin

volts ms
16.00 - .53
14.40 - .70
12.80 - .93
11.20 - 1.31

Porsche Bin

volts
15.75 - .3438
14.81 - .3438
12.81 - .53
11.81 - .6653
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Enter them in and find out its opening time really and added to the desired pulsewidth calculated by the ecu that's like twice as fast to open than what's commanded so should lean it out some
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
K1ng0011

Post by K1ng0011 »

Another update been working on it the last two days. I got the idle AFR to be about ~13.5 AFR. I set the injector size to 23lb and that seem to have done the trick. I almost wonder if the injectors are modified. Either way I drove it around the block the first time. :thumbup: I am going to pull some logs here my first drive I forgot to start logging. Right now it is forced to open loop like delcowizzid I think had set it. I will try and get the VE tables in the ballpark then figure out how to set it to closed loop. There was either a bog or the throttle is super sensitive. I have to baby the pedal to get it to not launch on me. :lol: I am only driving around the block for now. Even though I have been fighting myself and a lot of the mistakes I have made I am still pretty happy. First time converting to EFI. I took a butchered wiring harness and got all of the right parts and made this thing work.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Lots of torque with them tpi runners
madmaxisback
cars: VN Calais
VK Berlina

Post by madmaxisback »

K1ng0011 wrote:Another update been working on it the last two days. I got the idle AFR to be about ~13.5 AFR. I set the injector size to 23lb and that seem to have done the trick. I almost wonder if the injectors are modified.
What's the fuel pressure look like?

If it's higher than spec your injectors will be over spec. Might be why you have little more "squirt" :D
K1ng0011

Post by K1ng0011 »

When I would drive it take the wideband o2 average put it in the Excel document and put the new ve table in the bin. Did that a few times today. Drives a little better still has issues but closer. My ve table is crazy spikes everywhere. When I press the pedal it seems like the power comes on all of the sudden and hits the engine best way I know how to describe it. Mabye to much ae. I will try and tune it again tomorrow. I have not put a fuel pressure gauge on it but it should be 43 or so I put a new fuel pressure regulator when I started
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

You need to smooth the spikes in the ve table .it's hard tuning with a spreadsheet cause some wideband data is deceleration with the throttle closed so messes with data same with ae .you need steady state smooth driving to use the spreadsheets its better to use narrowband o2 and blm figures to tune cruise fueling or the calc ve figures to get you close
K1ng0011

Post by K1ng0011 »

I think I might start over using the original VE table and try tuning by the BLM. Just to see how tuning with BLM compares to using the wideband AFR as delcowizzid suggested. My understanding after reading over the basic tuning document is that this method works on any cell with an AFR of 14.7. So basically get it warmed up drive around and look at the logs for BLM. I take however much its over/under 100 BLM use that as a percentage and multiply it for the cell in the VE table. So 105 BLM is 5% X VE Cell as an example. Based on the basic tuning document this method may be more effective at getting the VE in the ballpark. The BLM is better to tune with since it will ignore things like AE/DE which will make it more difficult for me to get the VE right. Saturday/Sunday morning I am hoping to get some more time for tuning.

Under 100 - Rich
100 - 14.7
Over 100 - Lean