1227165 ECU Questions

American Delco GM ECUs and PCMs, ALDL, OBD 1.5.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: 1227165 ECU Questions

Post by Dylan »

Don't make it harder than it needs to be mate.
Log with wideband and steady driving and review the logs and adjust be table by using the monitor windows and watch target afr and actual wideband afr and adjust accordingly.

Happy to work with you on this if you wish.
K1ng0011
cars: 1972 Camaro Base Model

Post by K1ng0011 »

Just another update to let you guys know I am alive and kicking. To be honest I was a little confused if I should tune with BLMs or using the wideband and the excel document. Well after tuning with both methods and reading on both I kind of have an idea. Basically I set the flag to force open loop in the bin. Then I go drive around and use the average wideband o2 reading and the calc ve in the historogram. The calc ve in the historogram is useful did not realize what it did before. In open loop the ecu is ignoring the narrowband o2. It is using the preprogrammed spark/fuel tables and you drive around with that with no corrections. Based on a few factors the ecu will go into closed loop randomly and then it will read the o2 sensor and make minor adjustments adding/removing fuel using the BLM(LTFT) and INT(STFT). I drove it on the highway earlier today all on open loop its not perfect but much better now that I am getting a better handle on how these things work. My low speed drivability issue I mentioned previously seems to have been caused in part by the throttle opening too quickly. Made it want to launch when I pressed the pedal down I added a return spring to help. Might be a way to tame that using tuning but I am not sure on that one. Also dealing with an issue where it goes pig rich as soon as I hit the pedal (10AFR). I am working between the VE and AE to try and get that to the 12.5AFR range. I will say that the stall saver is great for manual transmissions helps to keep from stalling when things are not tuned right and when your clutch/gas pedal work is less than perfect.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

If you have the steady state fuel tuned in just change the A/E (acceleration enrichment) settings its the same as the pump shot on a carby adds extra fuel when the throttle moves far enough to trigger a/e probably the source of the rich hit
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Mark_ZZ3
cars: S10's with TPI
S10 with '165 turbo 4 cyl
TPI Camaro

Post by Mark_ZZ3 »

delcowizzid wrote:If you have the steady state fuel tuned in just change the A/E (acceleration enrichment) settings its the same as the pump shot on a carby adds extra fuel when the throttle moves far enough to trigger a/e probably the source of the rich hit
Sorry to jump in ... what parameter is this in 12P? I found all the AE tables, but I don't see one that suggests a "pump shot", rather it's dependent on RPM. Maybe I'm just not reading it correctly.

Cool thread on a TPI ... i have a couple projects with TPI and 1277165. Was wanting to try 12P and remove the MAF.

Mark.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

The one you found that's rpm it's one of them .it adds fuel when opening throttle at each rpm listed if you move the throttle far enough fast enough
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

There are a couple of tables that work together, i tuned this on my car changing the multiplier table. From stopped did a WOT launch and watched the wideband guage and then trimmed the muliplier table and repeated until it was about 12 or 12.5 for the WOT launch then back to stoich for cruising from the main tables.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
K1ng0011

Post by K1ng0011 »

It's been a while. I have been working on a few projects on my 1972 camaro since its summer. I got it running pretty well except a few issues. Then the other day I had a big problem come up and that is what I am trying to figure out now. The other day I went out to start it and it starts just fine but after about 10 seconds it dies. It idles at about 1500rpm since the engine is cold and when it comes off of the fast idle it just dies. It will start every time with no issues just after 10 seconds it just dies. It has a new gas tank, fuel pump, fuel regulator, fuel filter, fuel lines, and all sensors are new, it also has a new distributor. I burned delcowizzid's bin back on my chip to see if there was some sort of mistake in the bin I made to cause this but his bin does the same thing. There are no codes set by the ECU. All of the sensors do appear to be reporting data back properly. I swapped in my spare 165 ecu just to see if it would make a difference and it does not. When I look at the log file and play it back at 25% speed in tuner pro I dont see anything unusual but when it is coming off of fast idle the engine starts to get really lean (18-19AFR) as the idle drops to what I have it set at 750rpm or so. Its almost like after it comes off of fast idle it just stops feeding the engine gas. I tried a spare IAC that I have and that did not make any difference. I checked all the wiring to my 165 ECU and dont see any loose or damaged connectors. Maybe someone can see something in my log/bin or might have an idea of what might be causing this.
Attachments
2018-06-21_13.01.38.xdl
(5.42 KiB) Downloaded 323 times
350TPI Manual Trans 12p v112.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 309 times
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

I'd say the lean AFR is the problem. After the 10 seconds the post start enrichments are decaying and you get this scenario.
K1ng0011

Post by K1ng0011 »

Yah the weird thing is that I have not messed with the idle area of the VE table at all. I had been driving around using this VE table with minor changes over the last two to three weeks with no issues. I ohm tested all of the injectors and they are all at about 16.8ohms. I verified power on both banks of the injector harness to make sure I had not blown a fuse. This one has me stumped not sure whats going on. My fuel pump comes on when I turn my key in my ignition on. So the ecu has no effect on the fuel pump. The ecu is not turning off the fuel pump in this case.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Ignition module or coil hasnt taken a shit