12P Displacement/Inj Flow rate

American Delco GM ECUs and PCMs, ALDL, OBD 1.5.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: 12P Displacement/Inj Flow rate

Post by vlad01 »

Yeah I have seen way too many issues with them, they should be less than half the cost of the 14point7 gear for the quality to be justifiable purchase. Instead they cost a fair bit more if I am not mistaken. That is from a consumer point of view...... but they really for the product they are shouldn't exist or need to lift them game in a big way as there is way more at stake than product cost which isn't even good anyway.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

14 point 7 products kick ass and the price is fantastic.
Can't go wrong!
Mark_ZZ3
cars: S10's with TPI
S10 with '165 turbo 4 cyl
TPI Camaro

Post by Mark_ZZ3 »

Yes it's ain Innovate one.

I also have another Innovate one with an LC1 controller I used with a TPI setup. I fought with that damn thing trying to tune it and eventually went back to Narrow band. The Wideband showed me the tune was close. The simulated narrow band was too digital and did not have the same analog type slope. So it would flip between rich and lean while it was in the lean zone. So 200-350 mv. The O2 cross counts were ok, but the BLM would try to add fuel.

I'm not trying to make the Innovate a tailpipe mounted contraption to move from vehicle to vehicle.

For this 2.5L project ... we are going to put back in the narrow band and mount the wideband elsewhere. It runs WAY better with the O2 input disconnected and in Open Loop.

Mark.
oldn64
cars: Vq Statesman, VE SS wagon, VE Sv6, VY SV8, VL Belina

Post by oldn64 »

Mark_ZZ3 wrote:Yes it's ain Innovate one.

I also have another Innovate one with an LC1 controller I used with a TPI setup. I fought with that damn thing trying to tune it and eventually went back to Narrow band. The Wideband showed me the tune was close. The simulated narrow band was too digital and did not have the same analog type slope. So it would flip between rich and lean while it was in the lean zone. So 200-350 mv. The O2 cross counts were ok, but the BLM would try to add fuel.

I'm not trying to make the Innovate a tailpipe mounted contraption to move from vehicle to vehicle.

For this 2.5L project ... we are going to put back in the narrow band and mount the wideband elsewhere. It runs WAY better with the O2 input disconnected and in Open Loop.

Mark.
Hey Mark,

2.5L what exactly? is the TBI a factor TB and I or aftermarket?
Charlescrown wrote:My first question is the car running? If so you can go off the wideband and increase or decrease the flow rate so it runs OK then start tuning. If you run out of VE increase the flowrate and drop your VE numbers. I have a Starion 2l with TBI 2 injectors of unknown value so I took a guess and the changed my injector flow rate to get it running good at idle/low rpm then started tuning.
oooooooo please tell us more. Love Starions, actually have a real soft spot for the early chrysler/mitsu cars.

Cheers
Oldn