16198259 corvette

American Delco GM ECUs and PCMs, ALDL, OBD 1.5.
keto
cars: turbo corolla van, v6 transit, turbo mazda

Re: 16198259 corvette

Post by keto »

so last night i pulled the intake off and carefully inspected it all, found water in the valley, then measured the V of the manifold and difference was .012" total at the top, which is stuff all, so i then checked the bolt holes that had to be made bigger for the different angle bolts in the center ports, two weren't quite perfect so i made these fit better, made some angled washers to make up for the change and then fitted with a new fel-pro gaskets and some "3-bond" gasket goo, then torqued it down and left it overnight, changed oil and stuff today and seems all good, ran it upto temp a couple of times and made sure fans working mint, messed with idle etc, and theres no more milk :D
but i got abit of metal in my eye last night and it was pissing me off so called it a day early and went to a&e to get it pulled out, and only just got home, lucky it was pretty minor

but one of the expensive oil-lines we got made is leaking so i will remake my own tomorrow, then start doing some proper tuning :driving:
keto

Post by keto »

so tomorrow i'm gonna fit the bigger injectors, but when i altered the kinjflow for my current 21 lb injectors the rate was 0.137, but after i updated the setting then went back and looked at it i found it had rounded it upto 0.14, so im guessing it only uses 2 decimal places, SO when i can to my 53lb injectors and have a kinjflow of 0.054, its gonna round it down to .05 isn't it? (which is a extra 50cc per injector :shock: )

does this not matter because you manually set the VE to make up for it anyway? or does it record the real number but not display it?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

there is an option in the definition for how many decimal places. right click the option, pick "edit parameter info" and change "significant digits" to 4.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
keto

Post by keto »

awesome....

another question, what sort voltage reading sould i be getting on the narrowband reading? i havn't put the wideband sensor in cause i was scared of water in the exchast (which is no longer a issue) will put it in tomorrow (already welded up boss etc, just put normal sensor in there)

and i really can't find the idle setting? maybe i just don't understand the wording but i've looked over the list a fair few times... on the dash it says target idle 750, no counts on the IAC (once warm) and i can't manually adjust below ~870rpm and seems to jump about 20rpm when down that low, although map doesn't jump that much

and for the knock count, what is acceptable/normal? not that i've seen any other than when we ran the tank out of fuel and it died, i'm just curious about what would be expected???
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

narrowband should be about 840mv ish around wot but once boost comes on it will be more than that ..... idle will probably get closer to 600-700mv depending on what your engine needs. (note: these are rough figures cause the narrowband is not designed to be accurate at these readings)

if the idle is higher than the desired idle and the iac is zero you need to close the butterfly more .... i usually close them till you get about 10-20 iac steps .... this then gives the computer some control over idle speed.
keto

Post by keto »

butterfly is fully closed,won't go any more (will give it a good clean and add a return spring tomorrow), and i had no steps before i turned it down, maybe i can adjust/turn the IAC somehow, prob best to get the AFR's sorted before i mess with idle :lol: i think it was about 495 on the narrowband so, maybe its further out than i thought, find out in the morning when i put in the wideband
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

maybe your IAC is the wrong one theres 2 sizes.block the iac hole with your finger and see if it stalls if not you may just have an air leak via PCV or brake booster
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
keto

Post by keto »

i unplugged the iac and no change, will pull the inlet pipe off and block the iac port to see what happens. there is a leak of sorts, the pcv valve, going into the rocker cover, but this is normal, isn't it? i blocked it with my thumb and couldn't hear much change in rpm....

will use a hose to the ear tomorrow and double check for leaks
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

agreed. iac steps is a position, and 0 means there is no more adjustment in it.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

with boost you will want to not feed the pcv into any of the intake that will be under pressure unless you buy an oring sealed PCV that cant leak boost back into the crankcase ide be looking for leaks and even check the throttlebody shaft seal if its worn it will leak like a siv check the injector orings are sealing in the manifold with engine start or LPG to test for leaks could be leaking bad round an injector
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem