16198259 corvette

American Delco GM ECUs and PCMs, ALDL, OBD 1.5.
keto
cars: turbo corolla van, v6 transit, turbo mazda

Re: 16198259 corvette

Post by keto »

yea i got a pcv valve off a factory turbo car, i had bigger plans for the crankcase vent system but no time to complete before powercruise (ie vent back to turbo inlet feeds off a drain can back to sump through old fuel pump plate) which will depend on if i can make some air filters fit :lol:

i'll dig out the engine start and see if i can find any leaks, cheers

where do i find that "750rpm" setting in tunerpro?
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

IAC - Desired RPM in [Drive or Park/Neutral] Vs Battery voltage, its near the end of the tables. During the warmup phase an offset to that figure is applied by the table 'IAC - Fast idle offset Vs Coolant Temp'.
keto

Post by keto »

ok cool...

new problem this morning, when out and started it up, sounded rough, like limp mode, laptop was already plugged in and emulating, but dash shows no input/change to any of the gauges like its not connected

it says DA: connected, but i can't download the bin to tunerpro, but will let me download bin to a file, see attached
http://www.filedropper.com/toddstrial2

other thing that seems odd is it says its connecting at arount 25hz, normally this is around 10hz,

what have i done wrong? should i try bank B ?
keto

Post by keto »

scratch that, back to normal... not sure what happened there :think:
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

not sure how much it will make a difference but richening up the idle should drop the rpm a bit, also what idle timing has it got, that might be part of the problem too...

generally i increase the idle timing in 2 degree increments till i get the lowest kpa map reading and thats what you want for idle settings .....
keto

Post by keto »

cheers for the tip

at the moment i got it sitting pretty steady at ~20 degrees

BUT unfortunately the owner has broken his wrist today and is in cast, so he rang me up and asked me not to complete the car, so no more deadline cause he can't drive, and he doesn't want it sitting in the garage taunting him, so hes down for 8 weeks, i told to him drop the car back and i would finish it for him, we'll see what happens, but i think i will just delco one of my 4cyc cars for fun in the mean time

silver lining is a I get extra time to prepare my car for the weekend 8-)
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i can't remember what your cam is in that thing but from memory you said it idled at about 60kpa, i reckon you'll get a bit more vacuum with some more timing .... i think from memory my mates 304 with a fairly decent cam idled about 900rpm and 65kpa (it was crap as far as vacuum) with about 26-28 degrees idle timing .....
keto

Post by keto »

i'm unsure of what the cam is, was fitted in the motor before we got it, we just added some 1.6 ratio roller rockers

i'm gutted i can't finish it now, i really wanted to drive it :rant: o well i'll just keep learning until then