Delco 1227730 ADDX Pcm memcal replacement

American Delco GM ECUs and PCMs, ALDL, OBD 1.5.
hsv08
cars: (EX) VT SENATOR 355 STROKER
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Delco 1227730 ADDX Pcm memcal replacement

Post by hsv08 »

One for the US guys, Ive got a Ecu here in a conversion that had a memcal in it labelled 90-92 TPI No Vats.

The cars running super rich and doesnt want to rev etc, So i told the customer i can have a look at memcal and see if i can see any issues, However, This issue was a progressive issues, It did come in running Okish and has just gotten worse and worse.

Anyhow, I thought if i just rewrite the memcal, to eliminate that as being an issue ( I doubt it but worth a shot) then it rules that out, next would be PCM. How ever me being mainly Holden i dont have much knowledge on these memcals or pcms.
memcal.jpg

Couple questions

Q1: Going to use a holden 256k Memcal as a replacement. But the Netres, will it be the same?
They measure 7.5k ohms which would indicate it being setup as a V8 however with TPI written on memcal, im unsure if Netres should be setup that way?

Q2: Knock board isnt like our normal 1F knockboards, seems to be something like 1P1168? is there any holden equivalent i can use? Or just resolder the knock board on new memcal?

Any thoughts?
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Re: Delco 1227730 ADDX Pcm memcal replacement

Post by Charlescrown »

You could always use a flash chip and retain the Netres and use 12P. Whats it out of?
If the problem was progressive it can't be a memcal problem. Have you checked out fuel pressure and the fuel regulator?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

You might want to take a look at this chart here for some more information https://pcmhacking.net/ludis/p4xref.html 1227730 comes up in the list a few times.
Searching numbers I hit on a random connector add that mentions

1990-92 Camaro 305 and 350 TPI
1990-92 Firebird 305 and 350 TPI

So the year and TPI line up.

It sounds like it could easily be a TPI bin flashed in to a V8 netres and there is your fueling problem. Same problems we get in this part of the world with some people playing with things they shouldnt.

Ive attached an ADDX bin to compare, but this ADDX seems to be a $3E and internet searching makes me think that $3E was only used on 2.0L engines.

Maybe you would be better off repinning the loom and swapping to 808 with 12P.
Attachments
ADDX.BIN
(32 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

Charlescrown wrote:You could always use a flash chip and retain the Netres and use 12P. Whats it out of?
If the problem was progressive it can't be a memcal problem. Have you checked out fuel pressure and the fuel regulator?
Its in a conversion, Ecus from a 90s corvette, Apparently the injector pulse was static, and not changing with RPM, i didnt think it would be memcal either, but thought if i replaced it, it rules it out. Unsure how the ram is stored (if stored at all in memcal, guessing not) and if it could possibly be a ram issue.

I haven't checked those things as it is a sent in job from another tuning shop unfortunately
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

antus wrote:You might want to take a look at this chart here for some more information https://pcmhacking.net/ludis/p4xref.html 1227730 comes up in the list a few times.
Searching numbers I hit on a random connector add that mentions

1990-92 Camaro 305 and 350 TPI
1990-92 Firebird 305 and 350 TPI

So the year and TPI line up.

It sounds like it could easily be a TPI bin flashed in to a V8 netres and there is your fueling problem. Same problems we get in this part of the world with some people playing with things they shouldnt.

Ive attached an ADDX bin to compare, but this ADDX seems to be a $3E and internet searching makes me think that $3E was only used on 2.0L engines.

Maybe you would be better off repinning the loom and swapping to 808 with 12P.
I feel its the memcal 5.7 V8 TPI “8” L98 (“F” body). I have pulled the bin file. Apparently it did run ok, and progressively got worse and worse over the last 9 months while they moved it in and out of the shop.

Its "seems" to line up with $8D Xdf however a few things do look a little out of normal...
$8D.xdf
(98.55 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
Also had a look at that ADDX bin file, doesn't seem to line up with the $8D Xdf

How big of a job is pinning to use a 808 and 12P?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

If its the 5.7 V8, then that makes it an 8D codebase, and there was an AXXD for it, which ive attached. It looks similar, but not the same code.

For changing the ecm, I dont know, but being the same memcal type and a similar P4 platform, it "might not" be too different, but you'd need to get a wiring diagram an check.

Ive also dug up this ADX for some better eyes on it. It seems to have a number of dashboards, and DTCs etc.

Edit: ANHT looks very very close from my collection. Identical operating system, only a couple of small changes to the calibration.
Attachments
ANHT 8D.BIN
(32 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
$8D-1227730-V1.1.adx
(99.09 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
AXXD 8D.BIN
(32 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396